Options

what did you guys use to study for 620?

pookerpooker Member Posts: 129 ■■□□□□□□□□
So far I have downloaded a vista overview that seems to go over the basics I have read, aero, system requirements, difference between premium, basic etc. I have also bought the exam cram book that contains over 500 questions with detailed answers any really good books you guys reccomend?
I wanna be ccie

Comments

• Options
    whistlerwhistler Member Posts: 108
    pooker wrote:
    So far I have downloaded a vista overview that seems to go over the basics I have read, aero, system requirements, difference between premium, basic etc. I have also bought the exam cram book that contains over 500 questions with detailed answers any really good books you guys reccomend?

http://www.buy.com/prod/mcts-self-paced-training-kit-exam-70-620-configuring-windows-vista/q/loc/106/203831055.html

McTs Self-Paced Training Kit (Exam 70-620): Configuring Windows Vista Client
  • Options
    Thanks alot >.< also i noticed that you can only take microsoft exams with prometric and i noticed acredited colleges and the sort can be allowed as testing centers. can I assume that testing is the same as if i was to go to a pearson testing site, i.e. computers, monitored room etc? The reason i ask is because i was curious why the nearest prometric testing site near me is 70 miles away, and there is tons of pearson. I didnt know if prometric had some kind of standard or something.
    I wanna be ccie
  • Options
    Prometric or Vue they are all independent centers so the quality may vary.

Prometric has two centers near me and Vue is about 90 miles away.

As for why MS only deals with Prometric. Who knows the exact politics as to why Vue or MS dropped the testing.
  • Options
    ra13ra13 Member Posts: 137
    I like the Mike Meyers Passport for the MCTS, and I also like transscender, i feel like they simulate the actual exam very well possibly a little tougher than the actual exam is. That is just my thoughts though... Good luck i'm headed for it this Saturday. Let us know how you make out...
  • Options
    mark076hmark076h Member Posts: 154
    the MS PRESS book covers everything you need to know and its just not a guide on how to pass the exam it teaches you everything you need to know with great detail.
  • Options
    Ditto-
    Although the Book is quite large it was the first resource that I used and the measure up question on the cd are good also.
  • Options
    alright thanks guys i appeciate the responses. I hear this is not to hard of a test, if I feel ready I might try for saturday if not next saturday hopefully. only so much you can know about vista right icon_redface.gif
    I wanna be ccie
  • Options
    Um Yes, My co-worker just passed this test last week with just about 2 weeks of studying and got a 996, No B'D's, besides experience with vista he used my resources, Mike meyers passport, transcender, and some cbtt's. Basically from what I have seen and herad (from my coo-worker especailly) is that they really want you to know the new things in vista i.e ( uad, parental control, ready boost, backup and restore, win defender stuff like that so if you really study the "new " feastures you should do well on the test. Best of Luck...
  • Options
    Tyrant1919Tyrant1919 Member Posts: 519 ■■■□□□□□□□
    What do you do to fix problem x?

a. Some utility also available in XP
    b. A new feature only in Vista
    c. Something that sounds right but is also in XP
    d. A possible solution also available in XP

The correct solution will probably be B.

620 was a breeze. Only took 55 minutes for mine.
    A+/N+/S+/L+/Svr+
    MCSA:03/08/12/16 MCSE:03s/EA08/Core Infra
    CCNA
  • Options
    ra13 wrote:
    Um Yes, My co-worker just passed this test last week with just about 2 weeks of studying and got a 996, No B'D's, besides experience with vista he used my resources, Mike meyers passport, transcender, and some cbtt's. Basically from what I have seen and herad (from my coo-worker especailly) is that they really want you to know the new things in vista i.e ( uad, parental control, ready boost, backup and restore, win defender stuff like that so if you really study the "new " feastures you should do well on the test. Best of Luck...

I passed and my version of the test was heavy on portable/mobile devices or it seemed that way. FWIW.... I hate tests.

I used Transcender and MS Press and I have Vista installed on my laptop and main PC.

Onwards to 70-622 and wireless#.