Options

Domain Policy

MikdillyMikdilly Member Posts: 309
If you configure a default domain policy thru mmc or active directory to allow rpc connections for computer mgt purposes, does that domain policy only need to be setup on the domain controller in order for you to be able to connect to another computer in the domain be it a member server or pc?

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I'm not familiar with that specific setting, but whatever you configure in the default domain policy will apply to the computers you've joined to the domain.
  • Options
    MikdillyMikdilly Member Posts: 309
    I'm not familiar with that specific setting, but whatever you configure in the default domain policy will apply to the computers you've joined to the domain.

That's what I thought too but after configuring the domain policy I'm unable to connect to a member server from the domain controller using computer mgt in mmc. Gives an error msg saying 'unable to connect to the computer'. It's the windows firewall blocking the connection as turning off the firewall allows the connection to go through. The domain policy does not seem to apply to the member server.