you guys reccomend cisco press?

pookerpooker Member Posts: 129 ■■□□□□□□□□
for you guys that took these tests would you reccomend cisco press? they have 5th edition with all four books for 190 at the books a million i loved it for ccna what do you guys reccomend afor the ccnp?
I wanna be ccie

Comments

• jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    ive only taken the BSCI, but the ciscopress books helped a lot. After CCNA, ciscopress is pretty much the only way to go.
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    You'd want to start with the Self-Study Guides that are available for the BSCI and BCMSN exams, and then move on to the Certification Guides.

For the ONT and ISCW exams you don't have any choice but to use the Exam Certificaiton Guides.

Check the CCNP FAQ for more book suggestions. If you're serious about learning (or are a closet CCIE hopeful) follow the suggestions about also using some of the CCIE books too.

And at the Professional Level you should get comfortable using the Cisco Documentation (some links are in the FAQ to get you started).
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • pookerpooker Member Posts: 129 ■■□□□□□□□□
    mikej412 wrote:
    You'd want to start with the Self-Study Guides that are available for the BSCI and BCMSN exams, and then move on to the Certification Guides.

For the ONT and ISCW exams you don't have any choice but to use the Exam Certificaiton Guides.

Check the CCNP FAQ for more book suggestions. If you're serious about learning (or are a closet CCIE hopeful) follow the suggestions about also using some of the CCIE books too.

And at the Professional Level you should get comfortable using the Cisco Documentation (some links are in the FAQ to get you started).
    holy crap thanks guys, hey Mike can i ask you a personal question? You know like everything about cisco and have like a million certs are you gonna go for ccie? i think you could pass. you say some stuff thats pretty freakin smart.
    I wanna be ccie
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    pooker wrote:
    are you gonna go for ccie?
    Yes -- I've already eaten lunch at both San Jose and RTP.

While I prefer San Jose, RTP is quicker and easier to get to/from, which is important since my Cat Sitter moved. icon_sad.gif But I'm not thrilled with the "early start time" in RTP icon_eek.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • pookerpooker Member Posts: 129 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good to hear, although i have no idea what that means. I prolly have years of studying before I am ready, are you talking about test sites? ill watch the kitties in your mansion for a small fee. icon_lol.gif
    I wanna be ccie
  • GT-RobGT-Rob Member Posts: 1,090
    He means that he has already attempted the lab twice. RTP and San jose are the two places you can take it in the US.
  • yukkyyukky Member Posts: 98 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Can you bring your cat to the lab exams?
    Buying hardware for a home lab is addicting-- (Need.. more.. toys...) **(need.. more.. money)