Options

Im feeling nervous

george.cgeorge.c Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
Im new to IT and network+ being my first cert. I will be siting my exam on tuesday. Im really hopeing I'll pass the first try as the exams are $549 in New zealand. (very expensive)

Just like to ask do the questions get harder longer in the test or in ramdon order and is there lots of select all that apply questions. If there is one of these question do they let you know? Because these type of questions are the ones I have trouble with in the practice exams.

At the end of the exam do they tell you how many points each question is worth or do you just get a fail or pass grade with the percentage?

please give me any advice that will help me before I sit the exam?

Thank you
Hacking the MainFrame's

Comments

• Options
    ROMGabeROMGabe Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I have only had experience with Security+, and am also taking Network+ next week. If Network+ is similar to Security+ you can expect the questions to be jumbled, in random order. My Security+ exam started out with some difficult questions (REMEMBER: some questions are "wild card", they are put in the exam to test new material not outlined in exam and NOT to be counted towards your score), but then after I realized I was feeling a bit overwhelmed, I took a deep breath, and continued on, and used ALL of my time to double and triple check.

The COOL thing about CompTIA exams, is that you are allowed to check a question (for review), so this way, when you get to the end of the exam, you can go back to all the questions checked for review, or any others.

As far as scoring goes, when you are ready to submit the exam, you will have to press a key (like "Test my exam" or "Score the exam") and the Test Center coordinator/proctor will get a printout that tells your score and areas where you missed questions (like "you need to review this section ... blah, blah, blah"), basically a general breakdown of areas from the exam outline that you missed or you may need to work on.

I was fortunate enough to have had work experience in IT Security, so this exam was not too bad.

Good luck on Tuesday.
    ----
    Studying CCENT/ICND1 (640-822)
    Future tests:
    in 2008: CCENT, SSCP, Linux+, A+,
    in 2009: CCNA/ICND2 (640-816), C|EH, CWNA, CWSP,
    in 2010: CCNP, CCSP.