I failed ....wahhhhhhhhh!

NeobornNeoborn Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
icon_cry.gificon_evil.gif If ailed my core exam today. Man that p!sses me off. $150 Canadian down the drain.

I sucked at the wireless questions and others. There are a few I messed up on.

Where can I find practice software closest to the real thing question wise?
"I know you think that I know I understand what you said, but I am not sure that what I understood is what you thought."

Comments

• x_Danny_xx_Danny_x Member Posts: 312 ■■□□□□□□□□
    what was your score??

did you look at the comptia objectives, i created a thread about them, someone posted a link to a wireless information page

also you can try the links to other sites from the link section
    There There, Its okay to feel GUILTY...........There is no SIN in PLEASURE!
  • NeobornNeoborn Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I got 510 the pass score was 515 out of 900 :D pathetic. Gonna retake monday. Where are these objectives?
    "I know you think that I know I understand what you said, but I am not sure that what I understood is what you thought."
  • STexamsSTexams Member Posts: 77 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Oucchhhh!!!! That hurts to fail one of these tests. You will do much better next time. Try some free practice tests before you hit the real thing.
    Freddy
    Free Online Exams and Tutorials
    http://www.stexams.com
  • Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    You can find the objectives here>>>>http://www.comptia.org/certification/A/objectives.asp

If you care to spend some money, my vote for best practice exams go to http://www.transcender.com. I only used them for M$ and Net+, and I thought it was very good. Some of the questions from Transcender are actually harder than the actual exam. An A+ core pak goes for $199 US. If you're looking for free, this site has some good practice tests, as does http://www.mcmcse.com. If you can spend not as much money, I would reccomend Mike Myers All-In-One Certification Guide. You can more info on that here>>>http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0072229918/qid=1086747676/sr=2-1/ref=sr_2_1/104-0920773-1687963.

Good luck next time. If you're not sure, re-schedule. It's cheaper.
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Well, your score shows that you do know some stuff. I have no doubt that with a little review you'll get it next time!

Best of luck.
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
    One of the questions:

Your network card is 10/100, what does this mean or represent (or something along those lines:

1.Megabits

2. Maximum\Minimum Server

which would you choose. There were more options but they were not viable answers.

Another:

What is used to start the system:

1. config.sys

2. command.com

3. autoexec.bat

or it was something similar to that.

Yet another: (I don't totally remember the question but it was something like)

The first six numbers in a tcp/ip address represent:

1. gateway

2. subnet mask

3. not sure

4. blah blah blah :D

I got it wrong I'm sure anyone wanna take a stab at what the correct answer is?

The
  • raptor_rage19raptor_rage19 Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm getting really curious about his question he got about the first 6 ditgits of an IP Address and what they represent, ive been looking everywhere books and internet and i can't find an answer to such a question , anyone know? i take the exam in less then two days if u know please post incase i get this sort of question on the exam ! thanks.
  • BackdraftBackdraft Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Try this, it explains a little about IP addressing and the meaning of each octet. http://www.hildrum.com/IPAddress.htm
  • 2lazybutsmart2lazybutsmart Member Posts: 1,119
    Neoborn: I hope you do better next time.

Just to remind you, when you post questions you remember from the exam, you're actually violating the NDA. And that applies to both people who pass and those who fail. Now you can be subject to many things if you do that. And of course, exact questions have no place in these forums.

Best luck
    2lbs.
    Exquisite as a lily, illustrious as a full moon,
    Magnanimous as the ocean, persistent as time.
    That's why they are not exact questions.

Disclaimer: These may or may not be on any A+ exam or may just be pure bs from the original poster :)

happy?

Disclaimer: These may or may not be on any A+ exam or may just be pure bs from the original poster :)

happy?

Personally I think it's f'n bullsh!t. All this secrecy around this exam .....even when I failed they don't tell me " you got this question wrong" and then guide me on studying to get it right. All they give me is "practice this whole section" which is like trying to hit a f'n bullseye from about 3 miles. I may have only gotten one question wrong but now I have to study the whole area / section again because they're trying to be 1337 secretive haxors. f' em.
  • 2lazybutsmart2lazybutsmart Member Posts: 1,119
    Guess you need the statement slapped right across your face: your question is a braindump for others who haven't taken the exam yet, get it? Nobody tells you what question you got wrong or which you got right because if you had the faintest idea of what an exam is, you'd understand that an exam is all about secrecy.

Nobody tells you what questions are on the exam except that you're given the boundaries – the objectives. Nobody tells you what question you got wrong because, remember, this is not school. This exam is going to be taken by hundreds of people each day. So furnishing you with your results would be catastrophic to the exam's integrity.

That's how the matter stands; however, if you choose to stand by your notion, just don't **** in here.

Techexams is a ****-free forum.

2lbs.
    Exquisite as a lily, illustrious as a full moon,
    Magnanimous as the ocean, persistent as time.
  • garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
    Neoborn wrote:

happy?

Personally I think it's f'n bullsh!t. All this secrecy around this exam .....even when I failed they don't tell me " you got this question wrong" and then guide me on studying to get it right. All they give me is "practice this whole section" which is like trying to hit a f'n bullseye from about 3 miles. I may have only gotten one question wrong but now I have to study the whole area / section again because they're trying to be 1337 secretive haxors. f' em.

Yea. It’s a test of knowledge on a broad topic that you need to study more thoroughly. Its an easy test if you know the material, its a hard test if you study bare minimum & only what you think you need to know to pass..
  • bighuskerbighusker Member Posts: 147
    Neoborn wrote:

If you didn't pass the A+ test, it was because you were deficient in a lot of areas. It wasn't because CompTIA was being uber-secretive in a conspiracy to defraud you out of a certificate...Get real.

I mean, the minimum passing score for this test is 515 out of 900...that's around 50%!! If you scored below that, then it was because you didn't know your sh*t. There's nothing wrong with failing this test, as long as you accept the fact that you didn't know everything you needed to, and study harder to make up for it. Blaming CompTIA for your poor study skills is lame.

If you could just memorize question/answers, then you'd be nothing more than a "paper A+ technician." That's completely worthless.
  • New UserNew User Member Posts: 75 ■■□□□□□□□□
    There have been some sort of negative responses, and yeah, they're justified, but just stick with it. Take others advice and study harder. Focus on weak points highlighted in the document they provided and also skim over stuff that you feel comfortable with.

Good luck.

I'm still studying for the core myself so wish me luck as well :)
  • theICEtheICE Member Posts: 84 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Sorry that u failed dude but the best thing to do is get mike meyers 5th edition A+ all in one a very good book and read your weak points or what u do not know cause i know ALOT of wireless questions are on this exam i got like 7 on mine, but in the book i just stated it covers wireless in very good detail and its the whole last chapter in the book dedicated to wireless. and review the tech notes but don't try to brain **** cause u are only hurting yourself cause thing of the money u loose when u take it and fail cause u did that where u could just spend a extra 50 bucks buy the book and spend a week extra stuyding it could save u $150 plus u learn what u are doing but anyway this is my 2 cents and u the best and anyone else taking a test!