Just signed up for Network+ ...QUESTIONS (for next Wednesday

ROMGabeROMGabe Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
I was surprised to find that my nearest Pearson/Vue test center, has their earliest time slot at 2pm. Nevertheless, I figured after a satisfying but not-filling lunch, I will be in full gear to concentrate and pass this exam.

I spent 5 weeks studying for this (spent about 1 week per module, reading the 2007 O'Reilly's In a Nutshell - A+, Network+, Security+ book, and TechExams notes, and some other 15 minute review notes, and lots of sample questions).

Hopefully I will have as much luck as I had with Security+ (studied 4 weeks and passed with 825). But I haven't had as much work experience in networking as I have had with IT security.

I will spend the next three days memorizing the cable lengths, and reviewing questions and areas that I did not score/do so well in.

Any suggestion anyone ?

Gabriel
----
Studying CCENT/ICND1 (640-822)
Future tests:
in 2008: CCENT, SSCP, Linux+, A+,
in 2009: CCNA/ICND2 (640-816), C|EH, CWNA, CWSP,
in 2010: CCNP, CCSP.

Comments

• ROMGabeROMGabe Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    FOR all who have taken the Network+ exam in the past year ...

a) Did you encounter any long or convoluted scenarios, that took a lot of your time ?

b) Did the exam questions go in a progressive manner, according to the exam outline ?

c) What areas do you feel were emphasized the most ?

d) What kind of scenarios seemed the most difficult ?
    ----
    Studying CCENT/ICND1 (640-822)
    Future tests:
    in 2008: CCENT, SSCP, Linux+, A+,
    in 2009: CCNA/ICND2 (640-816), C|EH, CWNA, CWSP,
    in 2010: CCNP, CCSP.
  • TalicTalic Member Posts: 423
    The sticky thread should answer "c" for you, I can already tell the OSI model and what belongs where (hardware and protocols) are going to be tough to remember. Like what layer does IPX, SPX, IP, TCP, AppleTalk, NetBEUI, NetBIOS and every other protocol that runs under them. I can be done but theres a lot to memorize.

Another thing I realized looking at your sig, you're taking the Network+ cert first over A+. I already did my A+ and I can say I can already see the crazy curve balls CompTIA can have ready for this test. So maybe, if you took your A+ first it would of prepared you for the type of questions they would have for you. But I think it's too late for that now.

You can always go to older "I Passed" threads and look at what they said about it. Don't forget to make your own right after you pass your test. Good luck.

I'm still studying for mine btw, so I really can't help much.
  • jscimeca715jscimeca715 Member Posts: 280
    The exam questions tend to jump around, so just make sure you have all the objectives covered. Cable lengths, ports and the OSI model tend to be heavily assessed, but there are many versions of the test, with each one gravitating to covering specific objectives more, so the best thing to do is have the objectives covered. All the questions are multiple choice and I finished the exam in about thirty minutes, you gain a lot of momentum. Also, make sure you have the troubleshooting process down, I remember a lot of questions pertaining to what would you do next and stuff like that. Good Luck!