Passed BSCI 642-901

Sa'adSa'ad Member Posts: 150 ■■■□□□□□□□
After a long nap since I took the wrong exam(642-961) about six months ago I woke up from my nap when I saw Mr D. get his IE number. I then started studying day and night until I felt I was ready again. I went in this morning and scored an 800, not a satisfactory score but trust me it was a tough one. I've been preparing for this exam for the last two years but on and off. Next up is BGP since I learned alot about it in the BSCI and since I'm working towards the CCIP.

Good luck to those preparing for the BSCI it sure is a tough one. Know your multicasts, lots of them in the exam.
INE v4 volume 1

Comments

• mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • mikearamamikearama Member Posts: 749
    Nicely done. And it is a tough one... good for you for sticking with it.
    There are only 10 kinds of people... those who understand binary, and those that don't.

CCIE Studies: Written passed: Jan 21/12 Lab Prep: Hours reading: 385. Hours labbing: 110

Taking a time-out to add the CCVP. Capitalizing on a current IPT pilot project.
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Congrats on the pass, and good luck with those BGP studies.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congrats man!!
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • Sa'adSa'ad Member Posts: 150 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks to all of you mates....The journey continues
    INE v4 volume 1
  • APAAPA Member Posts: 959
    Welldone mate!! :)

Hopefully after Monday I'll start studying for BSCI........ I'm sure I have this BCMSN exam under control!

CCNA | CCNA:Security | CCNP | CCIP
    JNCIA:JUNOS | JNCIA:EX | JNCIS:ENT | JNCIS:SEC
    JNCIS:SP | JNCIP:SP
  • aueddonlineaueddonline Member Posts: 611 ■■□□□□□□□□
    congrats, the harder the battle the sweeter the victory
    What's another word for Thesaurus?
  • yukkyyukky Member Posts: 98 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Yeah, I've lost my way a little bit while studying for BSCI. I need to get back on track... maybe I need to buy some more routers :D
    Buying hardware for a home lab is addicting-- (Need.. more.. toys...) **(need.. more.. money)
  • romainromain Member Posts: 222
    Congratulations !

Good luck for your CCIP track ;)

PS: You can find dynamips labs on my site for BGP and MPLS
    CCIE R&S Candidate

Dynamips Labs
  • netteasernetteaser Member Posts: 198
    Congrats on the pass.!
    Thanks again mates.

Hey Romain, that was cool man, I really like the dynamips labs u put together for the bgp and mpls, I wish I had found those labs sooner but hey... it still helps, now I have several labs to play around with...Thanks much!
    INE v4 volume 1
    Yukky, I have 5 routers at home and trust me since I discovered dynamips about 1.5yrs ago I haven't even looked at them, infact I thought of just giving them away for free at one point but recently I've been thinking of going for the big price(CCIE) so I'm not sure I want give them away yet. But my point is if your preparing for the BSCI u don't need a real lab, dynamips is really cool dude. With a real lab anytime u want to change your topology around you'll spend time reconfiguring and changing cables around its a hassle, but with dynamips you just launch notepad or wordpad and in a few seconds you have your new topology. I even have an access server emulated so I feel like I have a real lab even though it isn't.
    INE v4 volume 1
  • 7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats on the pass :D
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • yukkyyukky Member Posts: 98 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Sa'ad wrote:
    Yukky, I have 5 routers at home and trust me since I discovered dynamips about 1.5yrs ago I haven't even looked at them, infact I thought of just giving them away for free at one point but recently I've been thinking of going for the big price(CCIE) so I'm not sure I want give them away yet. But my point is if your preparing for the BSCI u don't need a real lab, dynamips is really cool dude. With a real lab anytime u want to change your topology around you'll spend time reconfiguring and changing cables around its a hassle, but with dynamips you just launch notepad or wordpad and in a few seconds you have your new topology. I even have an access server emulated so I feel like I have a real lab even though it isn't.
    I just love new toys :D auctions are always a thrill/disappointment.
    Buying hardware for a home lab is addicting-- (Need.. more.. toys...) **(need.. more.. money)