Routing TCP/IP, Volume I? is it good for EIGRP OSPF ISIS?

CCIE_2011CCIE_2011 Member Posts: 134
Morning all ....
How good Routing TCP/IP, Volume I for studying EIGRP, OSPF, and ISIS?
Is it enough or what do i need more exactly?
. : | : . : | : .

Comments

• mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    CCIE_2011 wrote:
    Is it enough or what do i need more exactly?
    Good enough for what?

If you're taking the CCNP exams, then you should use the suggested Cisco Press Books. If you want to exceed the base requirements for the CCNP, then also read Doyle. There are a few mentions of Doyle in the Book Links of the CCNP FAQ. While Doyle does go into depth on the topics, it is a good book -- so it may be useful as another source to help you understand topics that you feel you haven't mastered from the CCNP level books.

If you already have aspirations for the CCIE, then it is a good idea to do your first reading of Doyle while studying for the CCNP.

And at the Professional Level you should find and take a look at the relevant Cisco Documentation as you study. Some starter links are also in the CCNP FAQ.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • cisco_troopercisco_trooper Member Posts: 1,441 ■■■■□□□□□□
    The way I used this book was to supplement the Cisco Press BSCI Exam Cert Guide. I picked up Doyle's book whenever I was left unsatisfied, and boy did it ever do the trick. I recommend this book as the number one source of supplemental material for anyone working on the BSCI exam.
  • cisco_troopercisco_trooper Member Posts: 1,441 ■■■■□□□□□□
    CCIE_2011 wrote:
    Morning all ....
    How good Routing TCP/IP, Volume I for studying EIGRP, OSPF, and ISIS?

Oh, and to answer your question....it's Fantastic for all of these!