Max Time between Core and OS???

mobri09mobri09 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 723
Was wondering what the time limit is if you just complete the Core and need to complete the OS Part. I am NOT talking about the actually Time on the test but the deadline on when you need to complete the OS after youve completed the core. For example a month? THANKS

Comments

• janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    If you've passed Core based on 2003 exam objectives then there is no time limit between the Core and Hardware.

If you passed Core based on the objectives in force prior to the 2003 objectives, then you have to pass OS exam before the end of June, 2004 in order to get A+ certified, otherwise you'll have to take the Core exam based on 2003 objectives and the present OS exam in order to become A+ certified.

From CompTIA FAQs: http://comptia.com/certification/A/faqs.asp
    On November 26, 2003, the A+ certification exams were updated to the 2003 objectives. Anyone that had completed either the A+ Core or OS exam prior to that date under the 2001 objectives has until June 30, 2004 to complete the second portion under the 2003 objectives to become A+ certified. If you do not take and pass the A+ certification exams before June 30, 2004, you will be subject to retesting under the current objectives.
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • mobri09mobri09 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 723
    Thanks but you mean between the hardware and os right?
  • janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Yes. Evidently the only time that a limit is set is when there is a new revision--I doubt that that will happen any time soon. You can take the two exams separated by several months or you can take them on the same day back-to-back.
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • mobri09mobri09 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 723
    Thank you! That will work out great for me cause i am not sure i will have enough time to complete both since school is just around the corner and im working full time. Believe it or not i like to take my time and learn for the exam, just not rush through to pass. Thanks for your help!