Options

Question about 70-294 and 70-298

Heres the thing I belong to a certification school currently and my term is running out. I will have to pay for the last two courses: 70-294 and 70-298. Question is will I be able to learn these two courses on my own?

I failed 70-291 and decided to move on. Currently I have passsed: 70-290, 70-270, 70-284. I will be jumping back to 291 after I complete 293. A few more weeks and I should be done.

Failing 291 kind of lost my motivation but I got it back. :D

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    This might seem like a stupid answer, but it really depends on you. A lot of people, myself included, will complete the entire track without any formal training. Personally, I prefer being self-taught. I can work at my own pace (which is usually faster), and I adjust my study time around a busy schedule. You might be the complete opposite. This doesn't mean you're stupid or anything like that; it just means you have a different learning style. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that, but it might mean that you would have a difficult time wrapping those two up on your own. You know yourself best.

Good luck!

P.S. A lot of people stumble on 291, so you shouldn't let that discourage you.
  • Options
    Mmartin_47Mmartin_47 Member Posts: 430
    Yeah the school I belong to is self-pace, but my pace wasn't all that great... Especially for 70-291. I guess I might as well learn on my own.

I have lab machines and Ghost at home so I might as well take advantage. Also have Server 2003 Enterprise. Is that sufficient for 294 and 298?
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Yep. It sounds like you're good as far as hardware and software go. You might want to also consider playing around with VMWare Server (free) or VMWare workstation ($189 or 30-day trial). That'll allow you to run multiple machines within one of yours. It can make things a bit easier for duplicating/restoring machines, setting up networking, etc. It's definitely an interesting technology that you should probably start getting a little familiar with, if you haven't already.
  • Options
    Mmartin_47Mmartin_47 Member Posts: 430
    Thanks for the tip. Yeah people have told me about VMWare. I should learn how to use it in conjunction with Ghost. VMWare comes alot into play I assume with desktop support techs.