question about ccna

awaisyboyawaisyboy Member Posts: 75 ■■□□□□□□□□
hwo many exams involved?

i am on a tight schedule , is itpossible to do the course by end of august, if i start next week?

Comments

• garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
    It all depends soley on YOU and your study habits and how much you know already.
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    It is possible to do it in 2 months+, but iek Garv said that depends on you. It depends mainly on how much time you will spend on study each day.

There are two ways to become a CCNA:
    - take the 640-801 exam
    -or take the 640-811 and the 640-821

In your case, because you already have Network+, you should probably go for the one exam (640-801).
  • awaisyboyawaisyboy Member Posts: 75 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Webmaster wrote:
    It is possible to do it in 2 months+, but iek Garv said that depends on you. It depends mainly on how much time you will spend on study each day.

There are two ways to become a CCNA:
    - take the 640-801 exam
    -or take the 640-811 and the 640-821

In your case, because you already have Network+, you should probably go for the one exam (640-801).

i am doing my A+(os) at the moment, exam in a couple of days. But, as u suggest i should do the 640 -801 rather than the other ones. Is there a big difference?
  • 2lazybutsmart2lazybutsmart Member Posts: 1,119
    Basically, the difference is that the exam is literally broken down into two parts when you take the 2exams method. The benefit of this option is that you can work on one part of the exam at a time. The disadvantage is that you'll be paying twice the money if you pass on the first try ---and more if you don't. You’ll also have to answer double the questions on the 801 exam. Yet, the questions in the INTRO/ICND method have a more limited scope than the ones in the 801 exam.

So you better weigh all these factors before you choose which exam method you’ll take. Remember, however, that what you study and how you take the exam have no correlation whatsoever. Grab Lammle's book and by the time you're through it thoroughly, you'll be ready for any track you choose.

I'll do the 640-801 exam (well partially because I'm short on $$ and.... I want to get it over with icon_wink.gif )

2lbs.

p.s. If you haven't bought any books yet, make sure you buy Todd Lammle's 4th Edition CCNA Study Guide. That book rocks!
    Exquisite as a lily, illustrious as a full moon,
    Magnanimous as the ocean, persistent as time.
  • awaisyboyawaisyboy Member Posts: 75 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Basically, the difference is that the exam is literally broken down into two parts when you take the 2exams method. The benefit of this option is that you can work on one part of the exam at a time. The disadvantage is that you'll be paying twice the money if you pass on the first try ---and more if you don't. You’ll also have to answer double the questions on the 801 exam. Yet, the questions in the INTRO/ICND method have a more limited scope than the ones in the 801 exam.

So you better weigh all these factors before you choose which exam method you’ll take. Remember, however, that what you study and how you take the exam have no correlation whatsoever. Grab Lammle's book and by the time you're through it thoroughly, you'll be ready for any track you choose.

I'll do the 640-801 exam (well partially because I'm short on $$ and.... I want to get it over with icon_wink.gif )

2lbs.

p.s. If you haven't bought any books yet, make sure you buy Todd Lammle's 4th Edition CCNA Study Guide. That book rocks!

thanks,that was going to be my next question, what text do everyone recommend?