CCIE Written Boot Camp

kryollakryolla Member Posts: 785
Currently I am using exam cert guide and IE COD. Would the written boot camp be beneficial? I am trying to get a good foundation for theory Thanks.
Studying for CCIE and drinking Home Brew

Comments

• mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    If you've been staying awake while studying for the CCNP and have supplemented your CCNP study with some of the CCIE R&S Suggested Reading (Doyle, Clark & Hamilton, Halabi, and Odom) along the way and already gotten lots of hands on practice, you should be able to hit the CCIE R&S Written Exam Certification Guide for a quick review, check the Written Exam Blueprint for any topics your weak on (and some additional study and review) and then pass the Written Exam.

Unless you suffer from extreme irrational exam fears, needing a CCIE Written Exam Bootcamp to pass the Written Exam just means you're probably not ready for the CCIE.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • kryollakryolla Member Posts: 785
    I plan on completing my CCNP and also getting my CCIP this year and studying next year for my CCIE. I wanted to know if the boot camp will teach you something that is not in the books. There is more than 1 way to skin a cat but the end result is the same. Which they dont teach you in the books. So hopefully I can get that knowledge via written boot camp, lab boot camp, and COD. The further I go into learning Cisco the more interesting it gets and to put it all together in the CCIE Lab would be amazing. So if anybody has taken the written boot camp was it beneficial. Thanks
  • MrDMrD Member Posts: 441
    Hi. Personally, I would save your money for a lab bootcamp that I would take the week before the lab attempt.
  • kryollakryolla Member Posts: 785
    MrD wrote:
    Hi. Personally, I would save your money for a lab bootcamp that I would take the week before the lab attempt.

Thanks if they accept GI Bill than I will take Narbik written boot camp in November if not than I will take his Lab boot camp next year out of pocket.
  • marlon23marlon23 Member Posts: 164 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I have used Odom's CCIE Exam certification guide for the CCIE written with success. Before IE CCIE bootcamp be sure you do all the CoD and after that do some labs from WorkBook II. On the bootcamp you'll do MOC labs, which will show you your weak areas, so give your self some 2 weeks before attempting the CCIE lab to fix some knowledge gasps :)

Good luck !!!
    LAB: 7609-S, 7606-S, 10008, 2x 7301, 7204, 7201 + bunch of ISRs & CAT switches