Options

I fought the beast and......

docspawndocspawn Member Posts: 97 ■■□□□□□□□□
The beast one !
I got a score of 606 on my first go, which is not great but thought i'd done ok.
The strange thing is i got ZERO for my Routing and remote access, i find this hard to
believe especially when i am 100% sure i got aT LEAST one RRAS question right (i'd love to say what it as but know i cant !), it was one of those 'pick 2' bankers if you have done your homework.Worse thing is there was lots of RRAS !!!!!
Is it possible something went wrong with my result ?
I know it sounds sour grapes, and if i failed i failed but is there any way i can get a check
just to make sure all is right ?

Love to hear from anyone that can enlighten me !

D.S.

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Sorry to hear about the fail. That's not too bad for your first run through.

I think you can report specific question(s) to MS if you feel they are incorrect, but you can't go back and review your exam question by question. These exams go through a great deal of testing, and then are further improved over the years. This one is pretty old, so I find it hard to believe that there would be errors in it.

Hang in there. You'll get it next time.
  • Options
    docspawndocspawn Member Posts: 97 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Once again i thank you Dynamik, i'll let it go but i'm not convinced...

To other takers, the 'beast ' anit nothing to be scared of (yes i know i failed) but i
    have only been working on it for 6-8 weeks. There is a LOT to learn and really must set
    up a test enviroment, couple of servers and clients. Test out RRAS, DNS, DHCP, network
    addressing and a splash of Wsus and ur well on the way. I didnt have time to work on the Transender tests but i'll be working on them now till re-test just to mainly get used to the
    way M.S. like to ask the questions. I find this to be rather over complex at times.

Bring it on !

D.S. :)
  • Options
    nielpeelnielpeel Member Posts: 77 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Sorry to hear about the fail.

I'm about to start working on 70-291 and I find your words encouraging! This test has a somewhat fearsome reputation and I'm not taking it lightly, so I'll be scheduling my exam for August, and I have four weeks off work to prepare.. I don't plan to have to retake this exam, so I'm giving myself plenty of time!

My brother is going to let me site a workstation at his house (other side of town) so that I can lab up remote access situations, hopefully this will help with my understanding of such topics.

Get stuck into the Transcenders this time and I am sure you will be fine on the retake!
    "It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice".

WIP: 70-284

Then: no more 2003 stuff, Win7 here we come!
  • Options
    Vex10Vex10 Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Sorry to hear about the fail, By the way what area of Scotland are you from Docspawn?

And to add on Docspawn comments about the 291, WSUS was a big part of the test (For me anyways). I also sat it today and got a pass. But I agree with Docspawn setting up a lab is key to passing this test.

Oh and good luck on future takers of this test.

Vex.
  • Options
    danclarkedanclarke Member Posts: 160
    Bad luck - keep at it, though - and fingers crossed for next time.

Are you sure you got 0 for RRAS?

My MS reports only have a bar chart rating each area from "Needs Development" to "Strong". There is no accurate scale on these bars. Did you get a more detailed breakdown?

If you are apporaching a test and you don't feel ready, you can always re-schedule it. I've done this in the past with only a day or so to go until the test.
    -- Dan