I Think I Just Wet Myself!! :(

CabbageThe1CabbageThe1 Member Posts: 78 ■■□□□□□□□□
Taking Net+ Friday and Holy crap am I afraid I'm going to fail!!! I know, I know the material but I still think that I'm going to fail.

Any Help would be Awesome, like questions I sould keep an eye out for and stuff like that!

-Thanks
If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style!

Comments

• undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    If you know that you know your material the best advice I can give you is to grab your towel and don't panic. Go over the tech notes here again, take a few more practice exams, and just make sure your read the questions before you answer. You'll be fine!
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • 7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    have some self confidence, you know the material as you stated, just stay calm and nail it!!!
    best of luck icon_cool.gif
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • jscimeca715jscimeca715 Member Posts: 280
    If you passed the A+ without any worries you should do fine on Network+. My best advice is review cable lengths, ports and OSI for today and tomorrow and stop studying sometime tomorrow afternoon. If you don't know it then it not going to be any use because the nerves are the worst about 24 hours in.
  • kriscamaro68kriscamaro68 Member Posts: 1,186 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I just took the Net+ yesterday and passed with 562. For the most part it was ez but I actually no lie had about 20 questions on NOVELL Netware/MAC OSX server. I did not study those at all. The rest of the stuff was ez. Just know the OSI model and cable speeds, length, and topoligies and you should be ok.
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    The only advice I can give you is to look at the objectives, make sure you know them, and try to relax as much as you can before walking in to take the test. Rattled nerves will hurt you as much as lack of preparation, if you're not careful.

Oh, I can tell you one thing. This is true for all multiple-choice exams, but especially for CompTIA tests: the choices they give you aren't always what you'd expect, and often times aren't what you'd use in the real world. A lot of answers can be very similar, but you have to make sure you read the questions carefully for little qualifiers, (like distances, EMI, whether the lines are indoors or outdoors, etc.). Remember, they're looking for the best answer out of the choices they give you, not necessarily the best answer you can think of off the top of your head.

Good luck, we're all looking forward to seeing that "I PASSED!!!" post from you after your test is over.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • CabbageThe1CabbageThe1 Member Posts: 78 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the advice guys. We I am about 4 hours away right now from taking the test. I made sure that I got a good night sleep and got all of the studying in last night that I could.

Looking forward to posting the "I Passed" in a few hours. :D
  • Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    Thanks for the advice guys. We I am about 4 hours away right now from taking the test. I made sure that I got a good night sleep and got all of the studying in last night that I could.

Looking forward to posting the "I Passed" in a few hours. :D

Best of Luck to you!
    Well sad to say I "FAILED" but oh well it is just $120.00 down the drain. I plan on a retake but not for about 6 months or so! icon_sad.gif
  • TalicTalic Member Posts: 423
    How long did you spend on studying? What books / sources did you use?

A+ gives you an idea how to answer the test questions but theres a lot more to remember in Network+.
  • coffeekingcoffeeking Member Posts: 305 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Well sad to say I "FAILED" but oh well it is just $120.00 down the drain. I plan on a retake but not for about 6 months or so! icon_sad.gif

Sorry to hear that dude! I know how it feels to be in your situation, but I don't think you should take that long to re-take it. If you failed it close then just reschedule it and re-visit you weakest areas, you can get lazy with putting it off, that is another nothing I have personally experienced.
  • hettyhetty Member Posts: 394
    coffeeking wrote:

Sorry to hear that dude! I know how it feels to be in your situation, but I don't think you should take that long to re-take it. If you failed it close then just reschedule it and re-visit you weakest areas, you can get lazy with putting it off, that is another nothing I have personally experienced.
    +1 Sorry to hear about the fail too but 6 months is a long time. You can forget the little exam details that can make the difference between passing and failing. Youll have to revise back over some of that stuff. It would be better to try and get back on the bike asap.
  • kriscamaro68kriscamaro68 Member Posts: 1,186 ■■■■■■■□□□
    They are right don't wait that long to re-take you will forget so much. Study non stop for a month or so and re-take. Plus if you dont schedule it now you wont have a goal to work towards. Every exam prep writer and exam prep center will tell you to schedule the exam then study for it so you have a deadline to work towards. If you need help just let me know.
  • TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Taking Net+ Friday and Holy crap am I afraid I'm going to fail!!! I know, I know the material but I still think that I'm going to fail.

Any Help would be Awesome, like questions I sould keep an eye out for and stuff like that!

-Thanks

Just have a little look over your books and notes and Im sure you will be fine.

Good Luck!
    Well I will be studying during the 6 months. The reason for waiting so long is that I am going to try to get some of my microsoft stuff over the summer so I thought that when I go back to school next school year, the Net+ will be on the top of my to do list.
  • Net TechNet Tech Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    You have studied hard and know the material. You passed your A+, so you are familiar with how CompTIA structures their tests. Relax. You will do fine. Good Luck.
  • danclarkedanclarke Member Posts: 160
    Sorry to hear about you experiences. Better luck next time, whenever you take it.

I can heartily recommend Mike Meyer's all-in-one book for future studying. I thought that not only did it cover the material well, but it was a lot more interesting and entertaining to read than most preparation material.

Also money spent on decent practice tests (e.g. selftest software - and not just the free ones you get with the study guides) is always well spent.
    -- Dan
    The School I am attending supplys all of the material that I need. Study material, self tests, ect. I used LearnKey to study, Mike Meyers was the one doing to video series. I don't know the name of the selftesting software but the self test that we take are a lot harder than the real tests.
  • NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    Bummer man. No one likes to fail, but I wouldn't feel too bad. Network+ isn't a cakewalk, i don't care what anyone says....it's a lot you have to know and even some experienced (arrogant) IT personnel will fail. You have to know your OSI model up and down, backwards, inverted and inside/out. Know your port numbers, protocols. What was your score?

You saw the test. What questions or area's were you confused or guessing at? .....Study them! I'd say if you were close to passing, study hard for another few weeks or a month and retake.

Generally you should be passing your practice exams with 90% or better before taking the real test. As you go for more higher ranked certifications, you need more than just what your school teaches you. I went to college and got my AAS in computer networking. After I graduated and started working full time as a network admin, I still had to study for my network+, security+ and Microsoft.... Preplogic makes good practice exams and I've heard Transcender does as well.
    www.preplogic.com
    www.transcender.com
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)
    Thanks for the tips, I will take your advice and probably take the test in month or so. I failed the test with a 446. icon_sad.gif

All I need now is another $120.00......anybody what to give me a loan? :D
    Because I'm going to school I get a discount, but still, for a High School its a lot of money.
  • hettyhetty Member Posts: 394
    juelz comptia charges everyone outside of the US more for their tests.
  • derraderra Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    hetty wrote:
    juelz comptia charges everyone outside of the US more for their tests.
    i am about to embark on a network + course here in Ireland and the cost would be the equivelant to
    402 us dollars icon_eek.gif
    but get it half price through the state affiliated centre i am doing it in :D