Help!!!

TechMan2TechMan2 Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi,

I need help from anyone/s who recently did the Net+ exam...I'm scheduled to take the exam in June 08 and "boy oh boy" do I need all the prayers, tips, practice questions...you know, that kind of stuff... in fact any/all assistance will be greatly appreciated, thanks.
TechMan2

“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. ”

Comments

• ULWizULWiz Member Posts: 722
    I would read the tech notes from this site. They are amazing and cover everything for the Net+. Good Luck on the exam.
    CompTIA A+ Nov 25, 1997
    CompTIA Network+ March 7, 2008
    MCTS Vista 620 June 14, 2008
    MCP Server 290 Nov 15, 2008
    MCP Server 291 In Progress (Exam 12/28/09)
    Cisco CCENT In Progress
    MCP Server 291 In Progress
    C|EH In Progress
  • ROMGabeROMGabe Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I second that. I should have spent more time reading the TechNotes twice. I would have gotten a higher score on the exam.

Good luck!
    ----
    Studying CCENT/ICND1 (640-822)
    Future tests:
    in 2008: CCENT, SSCP, Linux+, A+,
    in 2009: CCNA/ICND2 (640-816), C|EH, CWNA, CWSP,
    in 2010: CCNP, CCSP.
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Good Luck! icon_thumright.gif

Definitely check out the TechNotes here
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • TechMan2TechMan2 Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks a mil guys, most definetly appreciate the advice...will certainly concentrate on it ...one concern though do you guys recommened anything else?? I really got to pass this exam...I mean really...thanks a mil. icon_idea.gif
    TechMan2

“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. ”
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    TechMan2 wrote:
    do you guys recommened anything else??
    Hard work, dedication, and lots of sweat (studying). icon_study.gif

I'm leaning towards the Sybex Network+ book and Mike Meyers' Network+ Certification Passport book. It's always more fun to be over-prepared for an exam than to be under-prepared.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • kriscamaro68kriscamaro68 Member Posts: 1,186 ■■■■■■■□□□
    My suggestion is to brush up on Novell Netware and some Mac stuff. I had about 20 questions on netware and mac osx server combined which sucked and almost made it so i didnt pass cause i didnt study that at all. I took the test on april 30th so I can tell you that that will be on there. Also learn the following well: cable lengths, speeds (know what cable standards are faster then eachother), topologies, osi model (what layer devices and protocals are on), and know troubleshooting cmd's i.e. tracert, netstat, arp, and know what all there switches do for each cmd. Also the day of the test clear your mind. Dont study right before its good leave a gap between the test and when you study last so your not just recalling what you just tried to cram and nothing else you studied prior to that because your so nervous. Anyways hope that helps.
  • TalicTalic Member Posts: 423
    I find it helpful to do practice tests, it helps me to find out what I need to review. Its kinda hard to find free ones but my professor at my school made some pretty good ones. Mike Meyers makes some good ones also. But they can be a bit tough/confusing at times which can be closer to the test questions I guess.
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    mikej412 wrote:
    TechMan2 wrote:
    do you guys recommened anything else??

I'm leaning towards the Sybex Network+ book and Mike Meyers' Network+ Certification Passport book. It's always more fun to be over-prepared for an exam than to be under-prepared.

BINGO!

with a heavy dose of :
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • TechMan2TechMan2 Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    icon_arrow.gif

Thanks guys, I think I have a much clearer dirrection now, the advice is invaluable... I certainly will as we say here @ home "maths it out" icon_smile.gif looking forward to any more suggestions/advice you guys can offer...thanks again.
    TechMan2