Options

Advice on what materials to use

hjghjghghjghjghg Inactive Imported Users Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
Pls can any of you tell me what materials to use to study for my mcsa, i want to get certified by August/Sept. I also registered with a Tech learning center for in-class training( would that help)?
Right now I only have the Microsoft Official Course for classroom courses 2274, 2275 and so on.
Help pls!!!
Edu

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    My standard resources include CBT Nuggets, the MS Press book, Transcender, and hands-on in a VMWare Workstation (the free server version would also work) virtual lab. The more hands-on you get, the faster you'll learn.

One exam per month is a pretty ambitious schedule, but it's doable. You may want to consider using XP for your client exam and then using Vista for your elective since that one seems to be easier than most of the others (though you won't be as well-rounded as if you took something like Exchange).
  • Options
    ULWizULWiz Member Posts: 722
    I completely agree with the post above. I use CBT Nuggets and the MS Press books and include VMWare as well
    CompTIA A+ Nov 25, 1997
    CompTIA Network+ March 7, 2008
    MCTS Vista 620 June 14, 2008
    MCP Server 290 Nov 15, 2008
    MCP Server 291 In Progress (Exam 12/28/09)
    Cisco CCENT In Progress
    MCP Server 291 In Progress
    C|EH In Progress
  • Options
    hjghjghghjghjghg Inactive Imported Users Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the info, I will try those options.
  • Options
    qsubqsub Member Posts: 303
    can you still use security+ and network+ for an elective?

i want mcsa
    World Cup 2006 - Zidane - Never Forget.
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    qsub wrote:
    can you still use security+ and network+ for an elective?

i want mcsa

Security+ can be used as the elective for both the MCSA and the MCSE. You can also use the A+ and the Network+ as the elective for only the MCSA.