Passed CCNA INTRO 640-821

DrakonblaydeDrakonblayde Member Posts: 542
I had originally planned on taking the full composite CCNA exam instead of doing the two exam option. However, upon completion of CCNA 2 for the Cisco Networking Academy Program, I opted to take the voucher exam. Scored a 97.1 on it. And when they gave me my voucher, I saw the discount %..... 62.5%. Hrm, assuming they offer the same kind of voucher for ICND, that means I can take the two exam option for less than it would cost me to take the composite exam, which is normally the cheaper of the two. Wasn't a hard choice....

Anyway....

Scale: 300 - 1000
Passing Score: 825
My Score: 952

Objective Domains:

Design and Support - 100%
Implementation and Operation - 100%
Technology - 88%

47 questions, allocated 1.5 hours, took me a little over 30. Near as I can tell, I missed two questions (and I know what one of them is, and I'm kicking myself.... make sure to read and comprehend the questions *before* answering)

Had 2 sim questions, both of which were ridiculously easy. Other than that, know your subnetting... lots and lots of subnetting. Also a fair bit of binary and hex conversion. Everything else was basic stuff I saw on Net+.

So half a CCNA now, on to ICND
= Marcus Drakonblayde
================
CCNP-O-Meter:
=[0%]==[25%]==[50%]==[75%]==[100%]
==[X]===[X]====[ ]=====[ ]====[ ]==
=CCNA==BSCI==BCMSN==BCRAN==CIT=

Comments

• Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    Congrats!! Great review also...
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • viper75viper75 Member Posts: 726 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratz!!! I'm almost ready to scheduel my CCNA exam. Trying to get this darn subnetting in my head. icon_study.gificon_study.gificon_study.gificon_study.gif
    CCNP Security - DONE!
    CCNP R&S - In Progress...
    CCIE Security - Future...
  • farana75farana75 Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    congratulations !!!
    I am going to schedule my ccna exam for next week. I heard from someone that they ask you a lot of OSPF questions, is this true? if so, what kind of questions do they ask you.. icon_lol.gif
  • DrakonblaydeDrakonblayde Member Posts: 542
    This was just the INTRO exam, the first half of the two exam option. Now that you mention it, I don't recall a single question on routing protocols.

This test was ridiculously easy, I scheduled it 2 weeks after I got my voucher and didn't even bother studying for it. I hope ICND is a bit more of a challenge.
    = Marcus Drakonblayde
    ================
    CCNP-O-Meter:
    =[0%]==[25%]==[50%]==[75%]==[100%]
    ==[X]===[X]====[ ]=====[ ]====[ ]==
    =CCNA==BSCI==BCMSN==BCRAN==CIT=
  • Ten9t6Ten9t6 Member Posts: 691
    Congrats....and good luck on the next one.
    Kenny

A+, Network+, Linux+, Security+, MCSE+I, MCSE:Security, MCDBA, CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, CCVP, CCIE Written (R/S, Voice),INFOSEC, JNCIA (M and FWV), JNCIS (M and FWV), ENA, C|EH, ACA, ACS, ACE, CTP, CISSP, SSCP, MCIWD, CIWSA