Still not MCSA :(

dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
It's like I keep taking the wrong tests or something icon_rolleyes.gif

835/1000

2 hours/3.5 hours

43 questions. 3 sims. 6-8 drag-n-drops.

I'd say roughly 10 questions on each PKI/certificates, security, NLB/clustering, and the rest were a mix of RRAS, DNS, IP addressing, performance, backup, etc.

I got lost on the way there (I'm three-for-three at this location so far). I'll just advise you to make sure that when you use Google maps for an address, make sure it wasn't the location they were at a year ago. I got to have lunch with forum member Cacharo afterwords. He also racked up a pass on this exam, despite suffering from a Prometric crash near the end of his exam. He's a great guy, and hanging out with him was definitely a nice bonus.

CBT Nuggets, MS Press (weak overall, but decent overview/refresher), Syngress, Transcender, and various labs in VMWare Workstation.

Oh, and I still managed to get up to 25% completion in GTA.

Comments

• BeaverC32BeaverC32 Member Posts: 670 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats man, it is a pass most certainly deserved! icon_cheers.gif
    MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003, LPIC-1, MCP, MCTS: Vista Config, MCTS: SQL Server 2005, CCNA, A+, Network+, Server+, Security+, Linux+, BSCS (Information Systems)
  • royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats. And just out of curiosity, why didn't you do the 70-291 first so you could get your MCSA?
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    congrats dynamik, im very pleased for you!
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • bertiebbertieb Member Posts: 1,031 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Congrats Dynamik icon_thumright.gif

Good luck on 291, you can't be far away from being ready for that one now (thats assuming that you can put GTA down for a bit lol)
    The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    royal wrote:
    Congrats. And just out of curiosity, why didn't you do the 70-291 first so you could get your MCSA?

It's just the way scheduling worked out. 291 is a 4.5 hour test while 293 is 3.5, so 293 was easier to schedule. I'll (hopefully) be taking 291 down later this week.

I am definitely going be celebrating my Cinco de Mayo with 291 labs/practice tests. I'll be sure to throw a few beers in the mix, just to keep things festive drunken_smilie.gif
  • undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    Congratulations on that! Scheduling these things is a real pain. I would've taken my 290 already if the test centers around here were cooperative.
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    atta boy dynamik!

destroy that beast come wednesday! icon_evil.gif

im at 0% completion in GTA, btw. Now if it would just show up... icon_lol.gif

id say after this week, its back on the study horse again for me on 293!
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • hettyhetty Member Posts: 394
    Congrats dynamik and good luck with the beast!
  • Mmartin_47Mmartin_47 Member Posts: 430
    Congrats! Yeah I skipped 291, I did do the exercises but I lost my motivation after I failed twice with the same score.

But after 293 I'm hopping back on. :o
  • MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Great job. Nice score. I hate to see all those drag and drops. I bet it will feel nice to get the 293 and 291 out of the way.

I'm excited about the 294 but I know you already have that. The 297 is another bump in the road.
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
    snadam wrote:
    atta boy dynamik!

Me too. I'm totally vegging out on video games this week. I'm not even doing chores around the house. >_<

How long do you plan to study for the 293? I remember you saying 2 weeks?

BTW you beat me to the MCSA but I beat you in getting 1000 posts! ha

You may learn something!
  • KrankKrank Member Posts: 90 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hey lots of congratulations to dynamik. If I'd have been in your shoes I've been dreaming of PKI, clustering and stuff while playing GTA XD.

Fresh up a little and good luck on the beast.
  • KrankKrank Member Posts: 90 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Mishra wrote:
    Great job. Nice score. I hate to see all those drag and drops. I bet it will feel nice to get the 293 and 291 out of the way.

I'm excited about the 294 but I know you already have that. The 297 is another bump in the road.

Hey Mishra, when are you planning to sit for the 70-294?
    Krank wrote:
    Mishra wrote:

Hey Mishra, when are you planning to sit for the 70-294?

I need to get the 293 out of the way first which will take me about a month (probably more). So I suppose I'm shooting for July for the 294. But setting dates really seems to be about as accurate as throwing rings at a bottle. I have to feel comfortable with the topics before I actually take the exam which sometimes takes longer than expected.

You may learn something!
  • 1MeanAdmin1MeanAdmin Member Posts: 157
    Congrats!

Good luck with the Beast!
  • snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Mishra wrote:
    snadam wrote:
    atta boy dynamik!

Me too. I'm totally vegging out on video games this week. I'm not even doing chores around the house. >_<

How long do you plan to study for the 293? I remember you saying 2 weeks?

BTW you beat me to the MCSA but I beat you in getting 1000 posts! ha

very true. The funny thing is, I noticed it and was hoping you didn't icon_lol.gif

Yea, I took a step back and looked at the material for 293 and then looked at my time. Ill try and schedule this thing BEFORE may 31st to take advantage of the 2nd shot. I figured I have 1-2 months per exam for my end of the year MCSE goal. So i will probably go at that pace to play it safe. I must have been delusional when I said that from 291 icon_lol.gificon_shaking.gif

but now that I finally have GTA, its all I want to do with my spare time :D
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security