Options

2 questions regarding exam

fatzfatz Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello everyone.
I have only found this site in the last day or so. Very useful. Thank you all for your knowledge sharing.
I am going to sit my first MCP in 2 days. I have never sat one before and I am quite nervous.
I would like to know if there are any VBS questions in the exam. ( I'm not VBS competent)
Also.. Errr. ok thats how nervous I am. I've forgotten my other question icon_sad.gif
Hopefully I can pass, but i really have no idea how it works or what to expect.
So I'll let you know in the 5th.
Cheers

Comments

• Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    There are one or two, but you don't really need to know VBS, it's more logic and process of elimination. Really, don't worry about the VBS question. Good luck and let us know how you do. And welcome to the site.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • Options
    snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    royal wrote:
    There are one or two, but you don't really need to know VBS, it's more logic and process of elimination. Really, don't worry about the VBS question. Good luck and let us know how you do. And welcome to the site.

yea I dont know why MSpress puts so much emphasis on VBS on this exam...I dont recall any questions on it...
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    My guess is that the VBS question is one of those "ungraded" ones.
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    Hey all, after a 4 hour drive there, i passed with a 771.
    Relieved that i passed but not too happy with my score.
    This was my first exam and i was quite nervous. I had a little lol when i saw the old CRTs.
    Questions weren't that hard, just long and some where worded strange(i suppose to confuse you)

Bit disappointed that there where no command line tools needed as i studied up on ldifde and csvde as well as the ds commands.
    One area that stood out on my exam was the amount of perfmon, sysmon and using counter logs and trace logs questions.
    I think thats where i fell apart as i get confused with which ones do what icon_sad.gif

Anyway. Thanks all for the endless info and assistance on this forum.
    Ill be sitting the 070-291 in a couple of months. Might prepare myself for this one instead of starting my study 5 days before the exam.
    Hehe.
    Laters
  • Options
    nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    congrats on the pass man! dont worry about the score too much a pass is a pass. Just read up on the area's you were weak in.

btw dont take the 291 too lightly and def dont study 5 days before the test!!!! its a tough one which not many people pass first time on!

Good luck and let us know how it goes..
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • Options
    SieSie Member Posts: 1,195
    Congratulations on the pass.

As has been said 'A Pass is a Pass' :D

Also it cant hurt you knowing more about the commands than you needed will just benifit you in the future!

291 next?

Make sure you give this one more time, the main topics you'll need to cover are:

DHCP
    DNS
    IPSEC
    WSUS
    RRAS
    Foolproof systems don't take into account the ingenuity of fools
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    The purpose of the certification is to learn the material, not get the highest score on the exam. It sounds like you've learned a lot of useful things. Don't feel like you wasted your time because you weren't tested on them. Brush up on your weak areas, and it'll be like you got a 1000.

Congratulations on the pass.
  • Options
    Thanks for the positive comments guys.
    I'm actually going to sit my 070-270 exam before the 070-291
    270 is on the 12th June(Turns out there is an exam being held the day after my 2276 course in Sydney, so i might as well sit it while I'm up there). So i have a fair bit of time to study.
    I'm hoping for a 850+ score as I'm fairly confident with XP.