user profile

kizzibilletkizzibillet Member Posts: 28 ■□□□□□□□□□
Good day

There is a profile that is currupt (i think so) it gives trouble user cannot print and access certain network settings therfreo i created a new one and cannot delete the old one. the new now jumps off the network occassionally and comes back on.

what would cause that?

and how can I edify myself more on user profiles.

thanks

Comments

• gojericho0gojericho0 Member Posts: 1,059 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Did you rename the corrupt profile to usernameold or something like that? You might not be able to delete as well if your PC is in use. Try rebooting and logging in right away with admin credtials. Find and see if you can delete it
  • kizzibilletkizzibillet Member Posts: 28 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I dd not rename the currupt file I created a new one and I cannot delete thee old one (currupt one) I really tried but I could not

I tried rebooting machine and logging in the same problem occurs
    cannot delete the old profile and machine keep on jumping off the network.

can it be the network card?

Thanks for your help so far
  • MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    The best way to delete a profile is to right click my computer -> properties -> advanced -> User Profiles | Settings button

Try that.
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
  • blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    What do you mean by "jump off the network"? Does it get a notification in the taskbar that the network was disconnected, or do you mean that he just can't access the printers, network drives, etc?
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • kizzibilletkizzibillet Member Posts: 28 ■□□□□□□□□□
    blargoe wrote:
    What do you mean by "jump off the network"? Does it get a notification in the taskbar that the network was disconnected, or do you mean that he just can't access the printers, network drives, etc?

I got a notification from the taskbar but it comes back on like next 15 mins I need to know whats the reason it keep coming off