Hello all

Geoff HillGeoff Hill Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi there

I thought I'd just post a quick intro to myself. I'm currently studying towards my CCNP, after bing told by my boss I have to pass before October. icon_confused.gif I've got the Routing exam booked for the 12th, after passing Switching last week.

I've got some cramming to do over the next few days, in order to stop myself looking stupid and failing miserably.

Regards

Geoff

Comments

• IT ManIT Man Member Posts: 159
    Hey there...welcome to the group. Good luck with your exam progress. I plan to begin my CCNP journey later this year after I do my security+.
    Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll still land among the stars. - Les Brown
  • shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    Best of luck to you....lets us know how you do :D
  • jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    good luck
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • optimusoptimus Member Posts: 183
    Getting a CCNP starting now until October is not a realistic goal. Tell your boss I told you he is not taking the CCNP studies seriously.
  • mikearamamikearama Member Posts: 749
    Geoff Hill wrote:
    I've got the Routing exam booked for the 12th, after passing Switching last week.

I've got some cramming to do over the next few days, in order to stop myself looking stupid and failing miserably.

PFFT! I don't care if your Stephen Hawking... two weeks is NOT enough time to pass the routing exam.

If it were possible, at your pace, you'd have the NP done by July, never mind October.

So, what does that mean! You're a dumper! You're not fooling anyone here... we all know you're a cheater. I know, I'm going out on a limb here, but I suggest you take your **** and wipe your ass with them. Then, get some gear, do some labs, and pass the legitimate way.

Oh, and welcome to the board. Good to have you with us.

Mike
    There are only 10 kinds of people... those who understand binary, and those that don't.

CCIE Studies: Written passed: Jan 21/12 Lab Prep: Hours reading: 385. Hours labbing: 110

Taking a time-out to add the CCVP. Capitalizing on a current IPT pilot project.
  • miller811miller811 Member Posts: 897
    mikearama wrote:
    Geoff Hill wrote:
    I've got the Routing exam booked for the 12th, after passing Switching last week.

PFFT! I don't care if your Stephen Hawking... two weeks is NOT enough time to pass the routing exam.

If it were possible, at your pace, you'd have the NP done by July, never mind October.

So, what does that mean! You're a dumper! You're not fooling anyone here... we all know you're a cheater. I know, I'm going out on a limb here, but I suggest you take your **** and wipe your ass with them. Then, get some gear, do some labs, and pass the legitimate way.

Mike

Having just spent approx 4 months preparing (and still preparing)for the BSCI exam, I was wondering how you could pass the BCMSN and then take the BSCI with two weeks of prep.
    icon_confused.gif:
    Good luck.....
    I don't claim to be an expert, but I sure would like to become one someday.

Quest for 11K pages read in 2011
    Page Count total to date - 1283
    mikearama wrote:
    Geoff Hill wrote:

Mike

Mike I have to agree with you that 2 weeks is not enough time for BSCI in most cases maybe though he has a lot of experience and he will only need 2 weeks of review. Its a long shot but I think your response was a bit much since he never once referenced using ****.

But to be honest Geoff I would talk to you boss about that the routing exam is no joke and as I hope you genuinely studied for the BCMSN you know that was in-depth as well. 2 weeks is a very short time to study for the exam I would give it a few months even if you have the experience.
  • mikearamamikearama Member Posts: 749
    You might be right, shednik, but my gut says otherwise. I have 7 years experience working in a complex network, and it still took me five hard months to get the BSCI done. No network can possibly include half the technology covered in the BSCI.

So review of the couple technologies that someone is familiar with? Absolutely. But even just the other half would take... should take... more than two weeks. More like two months.

Perhaps, again, I jumped the gun. It's just that I consider myself, as I consider all of my fellow techies here on the board, to be rather intelligent. And NO ONE that I know of has been able to legitimately pass the BSCI in two weeks. Shoot, the guy already booked it for the 12th! Unless you have an ace up your sleeve, that would be stupid... no?

Thank god for freedom of expression... cause those are my thoughts. I did learn one key detail from your post, shednik... you have tact and discretion. I lack that. Sounds like you agree with me, you just said so in a far more politically correct way.

Mike
    There are only 10 kinds of people... those who understand binary, and those that don't.

CCIE Studies: Written passed: Jan 21/12 Lab Prep: Hours reading: 385. Hours labbing: 110

Taking a time-out to add the CCVP. Capitalizing on a current IPT pilot project.
  • redwarriorredwarrior Member Posts: 285
    I'm planning at least a year to conquer the CCNP...and I imagine I'll be lucky if I make that. I don't take an exam until I feel like I understand each objective fully and that takes a lot of time, particularly considering the scope of some of these exams. If I get that piece of paper that says I'm a CCNP, I want to be able to back it up at a moments' notice and prove that I really am the shiznit, not just a paper tiger.

I'd say either this guy's boss has no clue what the CCNP entails or he just wants him to have the piece of paper and doesn't care if he has the knowledge. Either way, I think it's time to stand up to the bossman or put that resume out and get out of there.

CCNP Progress

ONT, ISCW, BCMSN - DONE

BSCI - In Progress

http://www.redwarriornet.com/ <--My Cisco Blog
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    He might have been studying those topics concurrently for the composite, and then just decided to space them out a bit. I prefer to error on the side of tact and discretion as well. It's not like you lose the opportunity to jump down their throat if you ask them a clarifying question ;)
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Geoff Hill wrote:
    I've got some cramming to do over the next few days
    That's an awful fast pace..... but if you're motivated, dedicated, and have the time to spend studying and in the lab, it can be done. Of course, already having lots of experience working for a Business Partner or Service Provider would help.

How much Networking Experience do you have? What materials are you using to study?
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
    mikearama wrote:
    You might be right, shednik, but my gut says otherwise. I have 7 years experience working in a complex network, and it still took me five hard months to get the BSCI done. No network can possibly include half the technology covered in the BSCI.

So review of the couple technologies that someone is familiar with? Absolutely. But even just the other half would take... should take... more than two weeks. More like two months.

Perhaps, again, I jumped the gun. It's just that I consider myself, as I consider all of my fellow techies here on the board, to be rather intelligent. And NO ONE that I know of has been able to legitimately pass the BSCI in two weeks. Shoot, the guy already booked it for the 12th! Unless you have an ace up your sleeve, that would be stupid... no?

Thank god for freedom of expression... cause those are my thoughts. I did learn one key detail from your post, shednik... you have tact and discretion. I lack that. Sounds like you agree with me, you just said so in a far more politically correct way.

Mike

I definitely know where you're coming from about getting upset when you find out another person is using ****, it's upsets us all. Unfortunately it's an evil we will continue to battle until e\very certification exam is dynamic and all hands and even then they may find a way. So in all honestly I think Geoff regardless of the experience or time you may have put in studying you just finished BCMSN it won't hurt to give yourself atleast 3-4 weeks of review. just my 2 cents :)