brb

dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
I have a date ;)

Comments

• hettyhetty Member Posts: 394
  • SoulreaverSoulreaver Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • cacharocacharo Member Posts: 361
    GL! icon_thumright.gif
    Treat people as if they were what they ought to be, and you help them become what they are capable of being.
  • TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    dynamik wrote:
    I have a date ;)

All the best dynamik. If I had the time I would do this one myself just to brush up on the latest windows networking nuances.
  • Tyrant1919Tyrant1919 Member Posts: 519 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Are we talking like a date a woman kind of date, or a I have a date for the test kind of date. And way to not be more specific!
    A+/N+/S+/L+/Svr+
    MCSA:03/08/12/16 MCSE:03s/EA08/Core Infra
    CCNA
  • royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    He's talking about 291. In another thread, he stated he has been trying to find a date soon to take 291.

http://www.techexams.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=33911
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    good luck!
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    royal wrote:
    He's talking about 291. In another thread, he stated he has been trying to find a date soon to take 291.

http://www.techexams.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=33911

Well doesn't that top the geekiness of it all!

"Hey there you hot thing you, how would you like to spend the day with just me, your darling self, and The Beast 70-291 test?"

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

I think I amuse all too easily.
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Tyrant1919 wrote:
    Are we talking like a date a woman kind of date, or a I have a date for the test kind of date. And way to not be more specific!

Definitely a woman. It was terrible. It went like this:
    I wrote:
    Ready to go? You're going to love this!
    She wrote:
    What are you planning on?
    I wrote:
    I'm taking you to a Prometric testing center.
    She wrote:
    Why?
    I wrote:
    So you can watch me take my 291 test.
    She wrote:
    That sounds lame.
    I wrote:
    No way! Haven't you ever wanted to be with a guy that could tame the beast?
    She wrote:
    I suppose...
    I wrote:
    Yea, of course you do. Who wouldn't? Just wait here in the reception area, and I'll be back in a couple of hours.
    She wrote:
    This is stupid. I'm outta here!
    I wrote:
    Wait! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooo.........

icon_cry.gif

Oh well. I'm married anyway, so I guess it's not that big of a loss.

873 in 110 minutes

This exam was really weird. I didn't get anything on security templates, MBSA, RRAS policies, authentication protocols, Kerberos, or routing protocols. There was a great deal of DNS, DHCP, WSUS, IPSec, VPN, and performance/network monitoring questions. I also got some questions regarding the registry and software restriction policies, which kind of caught me off guard. The latter wasn't a problem because I've done 294, but others may wish to brush up on those if they're not familiar with them. I only had one sim, which was ridiculously easy. They might as well have just asked me to click a button five times. There was around six drag-n-drop style questions as well. It was kind of a disappointing experience overall. I feel like I studied for a different exam, and I wasn't tested on a lot of important topics that I should have been. Oh well. It's nice to have this behind me.

291 and 293 in the last couple of days have been a lot. I'm definitely not going to take another one for at least nine days. :D

I have a vacation coming up, so I'm going to try to squeeze 620 in a week from Friday. I don't want to start anything major, but I'd like to avoid the downtime. I'm already halfway through the book, and that was about all Mishra did overall, so I think I got it icon_lol.gif

After that, I'm going to try to do 298 and 299 in June and wrap this thing up.
  • TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    dynamik wrote:
    Tyrant1919 wrote:

Definitely a woman. It was terrible. It went like this:
    I wrote:
    Ready to go? You're going to love this!
    She wrote:
    What are you planning on?
    I wrote:
    I'm taking you to a Prometric testing center.
    She wrote:
    Why?
    I wrote:
    So you can watch me take my 291 test.
    She wrote:
    That sounds lame.
    I wrote:
    No way! Haven't you ever wanted to be with a guy that could tame the beast?
    She wrote:
    I suppose...
    I wrote:
    Yea, of course you do. Who wouldn't? Just wait here in the reception area, and I'll be back in a couple of hours.
    She wrote:
    This is stupid. I'm outta here!
    I wrote:
    Wait! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooo.........

icon_cry.gif

Oh well. I'm married anyway, so I guess it's not that big of a loss.

873 in 110 minutes

This exam was really weird. I didn't get anything on security templates, MBSA, RRAS policies, authentication protocols, Kerberos, or routing protocols. There was a great deal of DNS, DHCP, WSUS, IPSec, VPN, and performance/network monitoring questions. I also got some questions regarding the registry and software restriction policies, which kind of caught me off guard. The latter wasn't a problem because I've done 294, but others may wish to brush up on those if they're not familiar with them. I only had one sim, which was ridiculously easy. They might as well have just asked me to click a button five times. There was around six drag-n-drop style questions as well. It was kind of a disappointing experience overall. I feel like I studied for a different exam, and I wasn't tested on a lot of important topics that I should have been. Oh well. It's nice to have this behind me.

291 and 293 in the last couple of days have been a lot. I'm definitely not going to take another one for at least nine days. :D

I have a vacation coming up, so I'm going to try to squeeze 620 in a week from Friday. I don't want to start anything major, but I'd like to avoid the downtime. I'm already halfway through the book, and that was about all Mishra did overall, so I think I got it icon_lol.gif

Well done, but don't overdo it on tests..bits of paper after all. Enjoy life a little.
  • royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    dynamik wrote:

873 in 110 minutes

it sounds somewhat similar to my expierence with the beast. The sim was laughable at best. Well since youre an MCSA now and one away from an MCSE, while I sit here 3 away, I guess im the one like totally jealous, and stuff now icon_wink.gificon_lol.gif

congrats man, fantastic score (definitely belittles my 810 :) ) and very well deserved!
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    Congrats Dynamik on the MCSA...so when is the MCSE going to be finished since you're one away.
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Sounds like you got lucky on that date!
    Congrats on the pass, and on your new designation as MCSA.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • ironlungironlung Member Posts: 97 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats
    Sometimes you just gotta bite the bullet.
  • eltoroeltoro Member Posts: 168
    Good job man! Happy for you icon_cool.gif
    Masters in Computer Science / Software Engineering (Dec. 2010)
    Illinois Institute of Technology
  • hettyhetty Member Posts: 394
    Congrats dynamik! Great score.
  • MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good job taking this test to school too. Man 298 and you are a MCSE, you better be excited.
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
  • ladiesman217ladiesman217 Member Posts: 416
    congrats dynamik! :)
    No Sacrifice, No Victory.
  • cacharocacharo Member Posts: 361
    dynamik wrote:
    This exam was really weird. I didn't get anything on security templates, MBSA, RRAS policies, authentication protocols, Kerberos, or routing protocols.

I feel like I studied for a different exam, and I wasn't tested on a lot of important topics that I should have been.

I think before we go any further with the congratulations we need some proof that you made it to the center, AND took the right test. It is quite possible you accidentally went to a promaddock center and took the 90-721 instead, or at the very least just took the 293 again (which explains the high mark).

icon_confused.gif: congratulations pending.... icon_confused.gif:
    Treat people as if they were what they ought to be, and you help them become what they are capable of being.
    That's harsh. Just because I

1. started out by going to the center's old location
    2. had us both spend about 10 minutes looking for my car before I realized the building had two entrances and I was on the other side
    3. got lost again on my way home

for my 293 exam, doesn't mean that I'd have problems like that for 291 as well. Well, not for sure. icon_rolleyes.gif

I better double-check my print-out...
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Congratulations on the pass and the new cert! icon_cheers.gif
  • nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    congrats dynamik, youre a beast at the moment man!

Whats after the mcse then?

Hopefully i'll get round to finishing the mcse eventually!!!
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Nice job dynamic. :)
    All things are possible, only believe.
    nel wrote:
    congrats dynamik, youre a beast at the moment man!

I took my last exam (294) back in October, so these were overdue. School and work really slowed me down. I wanted to complete this track within a year, and it's looking more like 16 months at this point. That'll be an average of an exam every two months, which still isn't terrible.
    nel wrote:
    Whats after the mcse then?

I'm looking to get a new job ASAP, but I want to maximize that opportunity by developing a more well-rounded skill set. I don't want to just spin my wheels somewhere else. I'm looking at the VCP, CWNA, CCNA, Linux+, and 236 (Exchange MCTS) before I make the jump.

Thanks for the congratulations everyone :D
  • PashPash Member Posts: 1,600 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Very big gratz dynamik! icon_cheers.gif
    DevOps Engineer and Security Champion. https://blog.pash.by - I am trying to find my writing style, so please bear with me.
  • rjbarlowrjbarlow Member Posts: 411
    Just now I see this post.

Very congratz dynamik! :D
    Pork 3
    Maindrian's music

WIP: 70-236, 70-293 and MCSE.
  • NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    A belated Congrats from your neighbor.
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)