Options

Citrix still hot?

TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
Not many posts on Citrix of late. Is it still hot?

Comments

• Options
    MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'm still running Citrix Pres 4.0 >_<

I just have other more visible certifications to get.
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
  • Options
    undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    Just from the jobs I've seen posted around the west coast I've seen a niche of Citrix. Not overwhelming, I think I've seen more Linux experience job postings, but there was still a definite smattering of Citrix. Of which none of the recruiters even consider you unless you already have Citrix experience or certification. How irritating is that?
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • Options
    bencairneybencairney Member Posts: 76 ■■□□□□□□□□
    There seems to be a fair amount of jobs requesting citrix skills, i'm working on the CCA in PS 4.0 just now. My company is a big user of Presentation Server and are keen on the admins having this cert.

Unfortunatley we only really use PS which makes going any further into the CCEA difficult as I have no knowledge/experience of the other access suite components.
  • Options
    TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Its a funny one Citrix. Certainly 'hot' a few years back in terms of sheer numbers of folks chasing this cert. I find it's used a lot by larger companies.
  • Options
    astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Citrix isn't going anywhere in large enterprise environments (its got deep roots) so I don't think it hurts and there are lots of consulting gigs in Citrix (and VMware) in the west coast for people with lots of experience. As for the value of the certs - only if the person hiring has a checklist and CCA/CCEA/CCIA are "required".
  • Options
    RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    In the midwest (Ohio, Indiana, Kentucky) there is a lot of call for Citrix on Dice.com. So much so that I have begun looking at getting to know the technology, even though I have never used it.
  • Options
    astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Citrix is always a good thing to have in your pocket. While new implementations aren't what's "hot" these days (unlike VMware)... Presentation Server (now called XenApp) has a huge install base (>70 million users) most of them in large enterprises (99% of the Global Fortune 500) where the technology is a core piece of the strategic infrastructure (i.e., almost all applications are delivered over Citrix). That won't be changing anytime soon.