What is a passing score for the A+ exams

stangmanstangman Member Posts: 53 ■■□□□□□□□□
I will be taking the exam at the end of the month and was wondering what a passing score is. I know the exams are 100 questions but was is the exact number correct in order to pass them?

Comments

• chrisdugganchrisduggan Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Which exam?

From what i recall,
    601 Essentials minimum passing score on a scale of 100-900 is 675
    602, 603, 604 require a 700 to pass.

Hope this helps
  • stangmanstangman Member Posts: 53 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks, I forgot to include the 601 Essentials and 602 IT Technician. So basically scoring over 700 (70 out of 100 ) on each exam is a passing score. I looked through the exam objectives and could not find the information, so thanks again.
    Correct. Best of luck
  • hettyhetty Member Posts: 394
    Sorry thats wrong.

You need 675 out of 900 (75%) for 601 A+ Essentials
    You need 700 out of 900 (78%) for 602, 603 or 604 for A+ ITT, A+ RT or A+ DT

And some questions are not scored so youll need to answer more than 75 or 78 questions out of the 100 questions correctly to pass.
    Yes that makes better sense of it, sorry i did not read the post fully.
  • dockrol1dockrol1 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    hetty wrote:
    Sorry thats wrong.

And some questions are not scored so youll need to answer more than 75 or 78 questions out of the 100 questions correctly to pass.

Have you passed the current A+? I have to pass it for work. I had the core passed on the older version that expired in june last year. but the os i failed at. so i still have to pass it. Is the 601, 602, 603, and 604 part of the A+ now? it is sort of confusing to me.
    dockrol
  • J0eJ0e Member Posts: 45 ■■□□□□□□□□
    dockrol1 wrote:
    hetty wrote:
    Sorry thats wrong.

Have you passed the current A+? I have to pass it for work. I had the core passed on the older version that expired in june last year. but the os i failed at. so i still have to pass it. Is the 601, 602, 603, and 604 part of the A+ now? it is sort of confusing to me.
    dockrol

@dockrol1 - you have to pass 601 and either 602, 603 or 604 to be A+ icon_wink.gif
    dockrol1 wrote:
    hetty wrote:
    Sorry thats wrong.

dockrol
    Yes I have passed the A+ (601&602) but if you have passed part of the old version then you can't sit the old version of the exam, it has been retired. You will have to sit the new exams, most probably 601 & 602 since that is the route most people go. If you passed the old A+ Core 301, then you shouldnt have too much to revise for on the new Essentials 601 exam.
    hetty wrote:
    dockrol1 wrote:
    hetty wrote:
    Sorry thats wrong.

dockrol
    Yes I have passed the A+ (601&602) but if you have passed part of the old version then you can't sit the old version of the exam, it has been retired. You will have to sit the new exams, most probably 601 & 602 since that is the route most people go. If you passed the old A+ Core 301, then you shouldnt have too much to revise for on the new Essentials 601 exam.

thank you for the info... according to JOe it sounds like i only need to pass 2 not all of them? when you go to take the test do you have a choice to take only 2 of them or is it all of them and then what ever 2 you passed you get your cert?
    Take 601 first, then 602. icon_wink.gif
    hetty wrote:
    Take 601 first, then 602. icon_wink.gif

icon_cool.gif does this site have the 601, 602.... from what i am seeing it sort of looks like the older versions?
    I wouldnt worry about it, just use the ones that are here. If anything I think the A+ has got a little bit easier than the old version. The TechNotes arent going to be your only study resource for it, is it?
    hetty wrote:
    I wouldnt worry about it, just use the ones that are here. If anything I think the A+ has got a little bit easier than the old version. The TechNotes aren't going to be your only study resource for it, is it?

:) Oh no... i have the current A+ book as well. i also have a computer here at work that i have been tearing apart and looking at. my job changed to this about 4 years ago.... so this has not been what i have done. so the acronyms are hard for me and i worked with macs at work. i do have a pc at home but i clearly was not constantly fixing it. so this is just a little bit hard for a 50+ person whose not used to doing this. i will pass it just is going to take me a little longer than the younger set who has been working with all this their whole life.