Options

Aironet 1131ag Connection Issue

Company i work for just purchased one of these and it just came in today. I set it up as access point (non-root bridge) and gave it a static. From the cli its online, able to ping dns, and other public ips, but none of my clients can go online.

I see the SSID and am able to get an IP from my dhcp server, but i cannot ping the gateway nor the AP.

Is there an extra setting that i may be missing somewhere? Im unfamiliar with aironet devices so im assuming im missing something. Thx

alex
Switches are bridges on steroids!

Comments

• Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,028 Admin
    Not getting a ping response can indicate that the hosts you are pinging are configured not to respond to an ICMP Echo Request, or that the pings are being blocked by a firewall.
  • Options
    thisisalex02thisisalex02 Member Posts: 136
    I looked for firewall settings on the aironet but couldnt find any.

Not sure how i can obtain ip info with gateway and public DNS's, but cannot ping gateway.

Also even though my computer is conneccted to aironet, the admin page shows 0 clients.

Its gotta be some setting.. back to reading
  • Options
    Also even though my computer is conneccted to aironet, the admin page shows 0 clients.
    Is the connected clients list for authenticated clients or DHCP'ed clients? The AP might have its own DHCP server, but you are using the DCHP server on the network, so that why no clients are listed on the AP. You should see your MAC address on the authenticated clients list. If you are using MAC filtering, make sure that your client is on the "allowed" list.
  • Options
    APAAPA Member Posts: 959
    get console access...... 1120 series don't have console cable port though so you may need telnet access...

use 'show dot11 associations' command...

This will show you whether clients are actually associating successfully with the access point....

Have you run a traceroute to see where the connection is dropping out?

CCNA | CCNA:Security | CCNP | CCIP
    JNCIA:JUNOS | JNCIA:EX | JNCIS:ENT | JNCIS:SEC
    JNCIS:SP | JNCIP:SP
  • Options
    thisisalex02thisisalex02 Member Posts: 136
    Client looks to be authenticated on both cli as well as gui.

wireless.mpcstudios.com#show dot11 associations

802.11 Client Stations on Dot11Radio0:

SSID [MPC - Cisco AP] :

MAC Address IP address Device Name Parent State
    0016.ce75.c893 192.168.1.103 4500-radio D620 self Assoc

Also light on AP turned from green to blue indicating a client association, but still unable to ping gateway or reach the net.

I was looking at the security page and couldnt find anything related to blocking external access.

Traceroute wont even make it one hop. Looks like its being blocked
  • Options
    Is there a protocol pass-through setting for ICMP?