ONT Lab Sources

redwarriorredwarrior Member Posts: 285
My books aren't here yet, but I'm already going through the suggested reading in the FAQ post here to kick-start my ONT studies. I have dynamips set up and I'm itching to start setting up a lab to practice configuring some of this stuff. I was wondering if there were any labs out there besides the ones I hope to find in my ONT book when it arrives? For now, I'm all dynamips while I wait on the results of a few ebay auctions, but I have access to IOS images galore. icon_twisted.gif

CCNP Progress

ONT, ISCW, BCMSN - DONE

BSCI - In Progress

http://www.redwarriornet.com/ <--My Cisco Blog

Comments

• mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Check out the CCNP Lab Portfolios mentioned in this CiscoPress Information thread.

You can find CCNP Optimizing Converged Networks (ONT 642-845) Lab Portfolio (Cisco Networking Academy) on the Cisco Press web site.

But since they are textbooks for the Cisco Network Academy, the answers might only be in the Instructor Copies icon_eek.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • redwarriorredwarrior Member Posts: 285
    I looks like those are about $35 on Amazon. I don't want to invest unless I know the answers are in them...has anyone used these?

CCNP Progress

ONT, ISCW, BCMSN - DONE

BSCI - In Progress

• CiscoCertsCiscoCerts Member Posts: 112
    I don't think you will be disappointed with the lap portfolio manuals. I just bought the CCNP library and all of the lab manuals (they say lab portfolio on the front) and they look very thorough. No "lines omitted for brevity" or the like. Filled with screen shots, config and explanations. ONT is 272 pages long, BSCI is 571 pages long
  • TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    redwarrior wrote:
    My books aren't here yet, but I'm already going through the suggested reading in the FAQ post here to kick-start my ONT studies. I have dynamips set up and I'm itching to start setting up a lab to practice configuring some of this stuff. I was wondering if there were any labs out there besides the ones I hope to find in my ONT book when it arrives? For now, I'm all dynamips while I wait on the results of a few ebay auctions, but I have access to IOS images galore. icon_twisted.gif

Good luck with your studies my friend.
  • kryollakryolla Member Posts: 785
    The ONT lab book requires you have pagent traffic generator which is only available to student in the academy. You can do the commands from the lab book to configure but cant verify since you are not generating any traffic or you can modify it and use pings & telnet to generate traffic. I have this book and dont recommend it, the other 3 lab books are good. I am using ONT exam guide, student guides if you can get it, and QOS book since I am also going for my CCIP. I plan on taking the ONT exam May 19

Good Luck
    Studying for CCIE and drinking Home Brew
  • redwarriorredwarrior Member Posts: 285
    I'm almost done with my reading for ONT, but now it's time to get serious about coming up with some kind of a practice lab. We didn't seem to get some kind of definitive answer on the Cisco Networking Academy lab books except that they require a traffic generator in order to see the effects of your configurations.

I have a 1710 router that I'm planning on installing SDM on and playing with, but I'm wondering what others who have already passed this exam did to get a little hands-on so that they could nail the Sims? How important is a lab setup for this particular exam? Is it more focused on the concepts themselves rather than practical configuration? I just don't want to blow my first CCNP exam coming out of the starting gate!

Thanks!

CCNP Progress

ONT, ISCW, BCMSN - DONE

BSCI - In Progress