Options

New VMWare VCDX certification announced

HeroPsychoHeroPsycho Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,940
VMWare recently announced their new advanced certification called VMWare Certificated Design eXpert. Its purpose is to identify those who are skilled not just in basic VMWare principles, but can also design and deploy Virtual Infrastructure for even enterprise level clients.

"There are four core validation components to achieve VCDX.

(1) Must be certified as a VMware Certified Professional (VCP) on VMware Infrastructure 3.

(2) Pass the VMware Enterprise Administration Exam. Includes live labs and tests a higher level of skill set than the exam for VCP on VMware Infrastructure 3.

(3) Pass the VMware Design Exam. This exam focuses on actual design scenarios and contains simulations and situational questions.

(4) Submit, present and defend a successful VMware Infrastructure design and implementation plan."

http://mylearn1.vmware.com/portals/certification/

Cool stuff! It's about time they tried to identify people with more advanced skills than what you need just to get VCP.
Good luck to all!

Comments

• Options
    astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Yeah I'm looking forward to this one. I got 91% on the VCP exam last week (finally went to a class so I could actually get a VCP cert - only took 30 mins on the exam, way too easy) but this one is going to be significantly more involved. #2 should be straightforward and I'm really looking forward to the VMEDUC course on #3. But anytime you have to do a defense you can bet its going to be tough. :)