Options

T1 cabling question

CrunchyhippoCrunchyhippo Member Posts: 389
I need a T1 cable to connect to my T1 ports on two routers in my home lab. I don't have the equipment/parts to do it myself, so I was just going to buy one. Would the specs on this cable fill the bill?

RJ48 to RJ48 T1 Cable
Straight pinned
"Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons." - Popular Mechanics, 1949

Comments

• Options
    TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I need a T1 cable to connect to my T1 ports on two routers in my home lab. I don't have the equipment/parts to do it myself, so I was just going to buy one. Would the specs on this cable fill the bill?

RJ48 to RJ48 T1 Cable
    Straight pinned

Im not sure. The cables I use to link serial ports between routers have a DCE and DTE end. On other occasions I put two cables back to back to get the net result.
  • Options
    YossarianYossarian Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□

RJ48 to RJ48 T1 Cable
    Straight pinned

When you say "T1 ports" do you mean something like a WIC-1DSU-T1-V2? If so, just GIS T1 crossover and make the cable yourself with some cat5.
  • Options
    mgeorgemgeorge Member Posts: 774 ■■■□□□□□□□
    T1-crossover.gif

That shows how to make them if you are able to get ya hands on a crimper and 2 rj45 plugs.
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1
  • Options
    CrunchyhippoCrunchyhippo Member Posts: 389
    I don't have the tools, and because of my study schedule, I don't have the time to find them and make the cables. Much less hassle to just buy the cable as long as I know I'm getting the right one.
    "Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons." - Popular Mechanics, 1949