Oh Happy Day!

Ten9t6Ten9t6 Member Posts: 691
Well...I just put in my order for my Cisco practice rack. The only thing that I will be missing is the ATM switch (Which I do not plan on getting)...and Voice modules for the 2610...which I will pick up in about a month......So, here it is:

2 Cisco 2610's - 1 Ethernet Built-In
2 Cisco 2501's - 2 Serial, 1 Ethernet
1 Cisco 2502 - 2 Serial, 1 Token Ring
1 Cisco 2514 - 2 Serial, 2 Ethernet
2 Cisco 2521, 4 Serial, 1 ISDN, 1 Token Ring
1 Cisco 2522 - 10 Serial, 1 ISDN, 1 Ethernet Port
1- Cisco 2510 - 2 Serial, 1 Token Ring
8 Asynchronous Ports
1 Cisco Catalyst 3550 w/ 12.1.20 EMI IOS installed
1 Cisco 2950-12 Switch (Enterprise IOS)
1 Cisco 1924 Switch (Enterprise IOS)
ISDN SIMULATOR
All Routers
16mb Flash /16mb DRAM
IOS Version 12.2 Enterprise
IOS Includes IP/IPX/DLSW/ISIS/IPSEC/FIREWALL/Everything!!.

10 routers 3 switches.....woohoo...

When I get everything set up, I might have an IP address set up for remote configuration.. ; )

anyways...I was to excited to keep it in....man I am such a geek! haha
Kenny

A+, Network+, Linux+, Security+, MCSE+I, MCSE:Security, MCDBA, CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, CCVP, CCIE Written (R/S, Voice),INFOSEC, JNCIA (M and FWV), JNCIS (M and FWV), ENA, C|EH, ACA, ACS, ACE, CTP, CISSP, SSCP, MCIWD, CIWSA

Comments

• WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Nice! icon_cyclops_ani.gif

That should be sufficient to prepare for the CCIE lab icon_cool.gif when do plan on making your first attempt?
  • Ten9t6Ten9t6 Member Posts: 691
    Webmaster wrote:
    Nice! icon_cyclops_ani.gif

That should be sufficient to prepare for the CCIE lab icon_cool.gif when do plan on making your first attempt?

Right around the new year.....then depending on how things go...I will do the security lab within a couple of months from then..... :D
    Kenny

A+, Network+, Linux+, Security+, MCSE+I, MCSE:Security, MCDBA, CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, CCVP, CCIE Written (R/S, Voice),INFOSEC, JNCIA (M and FWV), JNCIS (M and FWV), ENA, C|EH, ACA, ACS, ACE, CTP, CISSP, SSCP, MCIWD, CIWSA
  • turtlenodheadturtlenodhead Inactive Imported Users Posts: 28 ■■□□□□□□□□
    how much you got all those equipment for.
    equipment brain new?

do all CCIE test have around the same equipment?
  • Ten9t6Ten9t6 Member Posts: 691
    how much you got all those equipment for.
    equipment brain new?

do all CCIE test have around the same equipment?

The labs have "basically" the equipment listed...But there is also ATM equipment...voice equipment....and there is one more 3550 switch...

This would be for the R/S lab...The security, voice, and Service provider labs have this equipment plus more.

The equipment listed above is all refurbs, excluding the 3550...it is brand new in the box.....Purchasing all of this would be around 5000.00...with the 3550 alone running around 1900.00 alone..(on ebay)..

It is kind of expensive but I look at it like this:
    I can pay around 5000 for my own equipment that I can work on all the time...whenever I want...and I can use this core for R/S, Security
    Or
    I can pay 3000-9000 for a week long boot camp where I will only get to use the equipment for one week...repeating for Security Lab..

When I am done, I can always resell the equipment to collect most of what I have in it....

It was just the best choice for me...at this time...
    Kenny

• quickpotquickpot Member Posts: 47 ■■□□□□□□□□
    good stuff!!!!!!
  • dannyboydannyboy Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    fair play m8 :D

and i thought my lab was coming along with 2 x 2501 and a cat 2590!!

i only going for my ccna so.........

let me know when your shifting those 2600's cause i might be interested

Good luck icon_wink.gif
  • garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
    Ten9t6....

Sounds like you have some nice equipment. I have 2 3550 catalysts too. You have to spend money to make money.
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Ten9t6 wrote:
    When I am done, I can always resell the equipment to collect most of what I have in it...
    I know some people who said the same, although it was for CCNP and not such a kewl lab, most of them kept the equipment because the job it got them paid enough to buy a new lab every 4 week, and it is still very convenient to be able to practice and test things at home once you get the job... for a CCIE you should be able to earn the lab back within a week ;)

and... with such a rack one should be able to make even more friends than with a Playstation 3 icon_wink.gif
  • jennie313jennie313 Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Plus, it really impresses us girls. But then, that might just be me.