606 on the beast..EDITED...passed 889

aoeaoe Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
Gonna give myself 3 more weeks to prepare. Thanks microsoft for the second shot...makes the first defeat alittle more bareable.

Definetly alittle more than i expected material wise. Now that i have a taste for it i can adjust my study habbits.

Any tips i should try for the second go round?

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++edited

Passed this past saturday with an 889.
Much easier the second go round. Not sure if i told anyone but this was my very first microsoft test. I decided to take this one first so i could prove to myself i could do it.

Materials used for my lab, microsofts 2nd edition and exam cram and lots of time and 2+ years experience on the job as the sole IT person in a 45+ user environment!
Think i'm gonna back track and do 290 next and work towards my MCSA. I know i did this order all out of whack but hey....

Comments

• KrankKrank Member Posts: 90 ■■□□□□□□□□
    You should brush up the weak topics of the past exam. Set some labs and do some practice exams, it was very useful for me. Good luck.
  • aoeaoe Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    ya definetly going to brush up. there was only 1 topic that i struggled on so that gives me so insight. i am going to do more labs this times and read the book again.

have it scheduled for april 26th. gives me 3 weeks.
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Do some full-time studying on your weak areas to make sure you have them down and understand why you did poorly on them this time around. Don't neglect your strong points either, though, or you might find yourself looking at an inverted score-report when you go for the second shot. There's no worse feeling than tanking a test the second time around because you forgot the things you were confident on the first time around, so make sure you study what you missed and then review everything.

Good luck with the second shot, we'll all be looking forward to seeing that "I passed!!!" thread.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good job!

Yeah the exam order is kinda weird. You just wanted to see how smart you are so you took the hardest test?
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
    i wouldn't say wanted to see how smart. I had some experience and wanted to challange myself first and figure if i passed it that it should all be downhill from there, atleast for the MCSA portion.

You think 293 next or go 290 to the MSCA cert then back to 293?

Thanks for the reply...
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congratulations on the pass!

However, I would encourage you to do 293 now if you are planning on going for your MCSE. It's a lot of 291 material with a few new items.
    Thats what i'm debating. Where i'm working now if i hand them something saying that I am MCSA i have a better chance of getting a raise or something. Thats the only reason why i'm thinking about getting MCSA first then going that way.

I'll have to think about it...