Options

passed A+ core

gojericho0gojericho0 Member Posts: 1,059 ■■■□□□□□□□
passed the hardware half this morning and now am gonna study and take the OS portion at the end of july. for those of you preparing for the A+ core make sure you have a very good understanding on all of the material because any easy-hard questions are fair game with all the objectives. Best study method I can suggest is purchase AIO 5th edition by Mike Myers, read a chapter, then go back and take notes in your own words in the margins to help reinforce concepts and theory. That way when you review you simply can read your notes for concentrated info instead of all the fluff in the paragraphs. I also suggest purchasing some kind of lab book because hands on training is also key to understanding some of the more difficult to understand concepts. Finally I would take advantage of great sites like this and try various practice exams until the point where you can answer a variaty of questions without having to see the answers. Good luck to everyone studying and remember, everyone fails in there lives, that is what makes us humans. Do not be discouraged, instead use that as motivation to brush up on the areas you are weaker in and tackle the problem spots in the next go-around. :D

Comments

• Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
  • Options
    AlienAlien Member Posts: 398
    BRAVO! icon_cool.gif
    Hard times on planet earth.
  • Options
    mobri09mobri09 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 723
    Super Job !!!! Did they Stress anything particular on the exam? Like SCSI or CPU's?
  • Options
    gojericho0gojericho0 Member Posts: 1,059 ■■■□□□□□□□
    There were some questions on sockets/slots and bus speeds. Only had few SCSI questions basically asking for type, bus speed and data width
  • Options
    mobri09mobri09 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 723
    yeh i figured its that stuff. For some odd reason SCSI stuff and Socket Stuff is really giving me Grief
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congrats on the pass!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki