Work Paying for CCIE : Voice bootcamp

LuckycharmsLuckycharms Member Posts: 267
Ok, so I am almost done with my CCVP ( two more test's, CIPT & TUC) ( three weeks and I will be done)( I have been in Voice for about 4 years now)... My boss just said OK where do you want to go for training ( budget reason's ). And I really haven't done much research on where to go for a CCIE: voice boot camp. ( I know the normal ones but I want some where that will answer my questions with actual theory rather then do this to fix this problem kinda stuff.) ( I want to understand what cisco was thinking when they implemented something rather then you do this to fix this problem)

( I am not using this boot camp as a end-all training for Voice, I probably won't get to take it till early November anyways. But i want something before I walk into my written/lab ( had planned on taking written in Dec. and Lab in Feb.) ( lots of study time for lab books i have bought. )

Any good and bad comments on particular one's will be appreciated thanks.
The quality of a book is never equated to the number of words it contains. -- And neither should be a man by the number of certifications or degree's he has earned.

Comments

• SoulreaverSoulreaver Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
    there are a few i have heard of but i have not had first hand experience with there are

internetwork expert (seems to be the most popular)
    net metric
    trinet
    ipexpert

most of these seem to be offered online, i may have misread but your post didn't really specify whether u wanted to go to an actual physical bootcamp or an online one

you can find some material from these places floating around the internet, most of it is quite outdated, seeing as you are going to be sponsored in this endeavor maybe u can download some and watch them and see which teaching style you feel more comfortable with and then go with that one

i am no where near your level of training and experience just felt like posting in the ccie forum :D
  • LuckycharmsLuckycharms Member Posts: 267
    Actually I can go if I want to... ( they sent me to Cali last year for networkers.. Was NICE!!) I have a little experience with Internetworking Expert : R/S ( just download stuff ) ( it was kinda dry but really informative. -- pros and cons)

When I was in Cali i was talking to someone at the vendor fair and they told me about a camp up in Toronto that was suppose to be amazing. Don't remember who it was though. But thanks for the response... I hadn't heard of net metric, trinet, so I will check them out.
    The quality of a book is never equated to the number of words it contains. -- And neither should be a man by the number of certifications or degree's he has earned.
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    NLI (ccbootcamp) and IPExpert seem to be the 2 best known companies that have been doing Voice Bootcamps in the US for a while.

InternetworkExpert has missed their delivery dates for their Voice Offerings since last December -- so it will be "unproven" if and when it is finally released.

Trinet has been out of business for years.

We've been spammed by **** (opps, the filter caught the net metric without the space icon_lol.gif) -- but they seem to have different locations, so only the location/country that did it may be internet scum. Not sure if they are one global company, or individual country franchises.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    INetExperience in Toronto does them, don't know if that's who you're thinking of.

http://www.voicebootcamp.com
  • LuckycharmsLuckycharms Member Posts: 267
    Astrorrs that is exactly who it is... I couldn't for the life of me remember who that company was...

mike - ccbootcamp has one down in Tx on 10/10 so I was looking at that one so i don't have to travel but would like to find people that have actually take there class's before I saying yes to them....