Options

**Update** Passed 297 with 809

slinuxuzerslinuxuzer Member Posts: 665 ■■■■□□□□□□
six testlests. 46 questions I am sure there were six.

Complaint number 1. when I started this test at the top left of the test every question number 1 from my testlet was just a explanation of what to expect in that particular testlet. Then when I moved to next the question counter moved to question 2.

At the review screens it showed that question 1 was complete. To me it seemed I might be missing every question 1.

Complaint 2, time wasnt bad on me, but the questions on this test SUCK icon_evil.gif I felt most of the way that I was guessing.

I do have one question and I will try not to violate the nda, but in a scenario where it states that I have four entitys, that will be managed indepently, but there is no real need for seperate domains, should these be broken into 1 forest and four domains? In the real world I would break these up into Ou's and give the Admins full rights to their Ou's

I feel like this on testlet Killed me.

Anyway, I can also blame myself because I took this one too lightly and I am big enough to admit that to the people here and myself, but I am aggravated as this is the first certification exam I have EVER failed.

I hope this has been informative and thank you for viewing.

Comments

• Options
    danclarkedanclarke Member Posts: 160
    I can certainly empathise with you. Keep at it, though - you were within striking distance of a pass.

I'm sorry that you didn't pass this time - but as many of the postings on this site testify, its not an unusual experience.

I was surprised when I passed 70-297. During the first testlet I was quite despondent. However, I really felt that taking out Microsoft's Second-Shot insurance helped. I think that I would inevitably have been thinking more about a retake and less about the questions in front of me if I didn't have the insurance.

There was a lot of stuff to know for this exam - and the (rather slim) MS Press book corresponding to 70-297 doesn't cover all of it, but my experience was that I had covered it all in other parts of the MCSE syllabus.

When you do pass this exam, I'm sure you'll appreciate how tough it was. Passing is an achievement, but failing is not a dishonour.

The way I interpret it is that the 290/291/293/294 exams with their simulations allow you to demonstrate that you know your way around Server 2K3, whereas the design exams bring everything together and allow you to show how you would apply all your knowledge together to address certain scenarios.

I found the practise exams which I used: SelfTest Software and ExamForce were very good at preparing me not just for the kind of questions which might arise, but also for knowing what to look for in the case study scenario.

Good luck with your next stab at it.
    -- Dan
  • Options
    slinuxuzerslinuxuzer Member Posts: 665 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Well, I passed this one last thursday on the second go round. This test isn't a push over, I recommend transcender to prep for alot of Microsoft or bust type questions. Time is crutial on this test, I ran out on one testlet and had to answer the last two questions in a hurry just to get an answer down.

Only Security+ now to get Mcse 2003
  • Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on your pass! icon_thumright.gif
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congrats! sec+ should be fairly easy compared to your recent exams...but never take it lightly.
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security