70-284 - What is involved?

totalfailuretotalfailure Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
Looking into doing the 70-284 just as a means of filling in those holes in my Exchange knowledge and so I have at least 1 MS exam on my cv. Not planning on doing the MCSE.

Would be grateful if someone could let me know which bits of Exchange 2003 to concentrate on most.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Your best bet would be to study all the topics listed in the exam blueprint for the test.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • itdaddyitdaddy Member Posts: 2,089 ■■■■□□□□□□
    total failure

dude you will fail 284 ifyou do not take 290 and 291 first....Microsoft even says
    these are needed for 284 i should know i failed 284 2x. and i knwo exchange admin like the back of my hands.....dont mean $hit if you know exhange. they MS wants you to know
    their requisits 290 and 291 be warned..serious dont do it follwo the plan they say

word to the wise!
    you ask any MCSE here they will say same thing!

they expect you to get MCSA though it seems!
    do what i say and you will live!!!!!!!!!!!!1
  • blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    You need to be pretty familiar with Windows DNS, AD, and basic TCP/IP concepts like simple subnetting and routing to have do well on the Exchange exams. Also, they test you disproportionately on upgrading from Exchange 5.5.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • totalfailuretotalfailure Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for that advice chaps. Seems like the 284 is a big challenge then, especially when one tends to use Exchange in smaller environments (mainly on SBS).
  • rjbarlowrjbarlow Member Posts: 411
    Hi totalfailure,
    I read that You failed 70-270, but not for much, I suggest You to persevere on that.
    If You study just You, fail 70-270 is possible or indeed likely, so You don't have to be discouraged at all.
    I suggest also You to study in a course that prepares You more accurately on the real objectives covered in that exam; because they know from the experience of other students where You must concentrate Your studies, this can make the difference betweeen a failure and a pass for me.
    Good luck.
    Pork 3
    Maindrian's music

WIP: 70-236, 70-293 and MCSE.