ExamCram?

mwalimu_dmwalimu_d Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
I am a newbie who just passed the Network+ exam, and am looking towards taking the A+ exams perhaps in June.

I have noticed that both the Meyers book and the Sybex book are favorites here. I found that the ExamCram was helpful for the Network+ exam, but maybe that is not true for A+. I have a limited budget, so I want the "biggest bang for my buck", so to speak.

I did buy the Meyers A+ book today, and I found the Network+ one he wrote to be a good starting point.

Any opinions on ExamCram? Is it worth it for A+?

Comments

• BluEyeKidBluEyeKid Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I just bought the ExamCram for A+ yesterday myself, it looks great, but I am still in the first chapter.
  • pookerpooker Member Posts: 129 ■■□□□□□□□□
    i used sybex, i reccomend reading it for yourself everyone has a different way of interpreting material and sybex did a really good job for me.
    I wanna be ccie
  • AnwardAnward Member Posts: 73 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Try the Sybex Book it was the only book i had used to pass the 601. i never had a clue about this wonderful forum and others of this sort. the Sybex will complement the Mike Meyers Book.
    Good Luck
    Remember that when things seems to be going against you, remember that the plane takes off against the wind and not with it
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Depends on your study methods as well as where you are in your prep.

The book is a 'cram' and geared toward candidates needed a review. If you need or want more indepth study...Meyers and Sybex are both strongly recommended.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • amarksjramarksjr Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I purchased both the Sybex and Exam Cram A+ Kits. After reading the Sybex, I figured I'd pick up another book just in case Sybex missed something. When I purchased Exam Cram, I thought I was going to get a book that hit on the MAJOR points that I need to know for the test. However, I found it to be very wordy. In some cases the author caused confusion by using analogies and got back to the techie explanation... I'm planning on taking the exam in about 3 weeks, I'm reviewing the TexheXams and the Sybex book.
  • ShawnSmithShawnSmith Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I've always just took online tests from different places, mostly mcmcse. Then check the questions I get wrong, look at what categories they were in, then study that area. Then repeat until I can get constant 85's and higher.

If your still intent on buying a book, Theres plenty of free online books if you know where to look :)