TechExams.net 2-Year Anniversary :)

WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
Hi all,

It's been two years since I started TechExams.net so I figured we should do something special this month. I found several sponsors willing to donate free full version products and offer some major discounts. Some of them I’ll give away as prizes (contest/quiz/survey), others will be made available to subscribers of our Info Letter. I’ll add more details to this post soon as I’m still working out some details.

I had a great time working on the site the past two years, and I still have. I feel I'm blessed to be able to do this. As some of you know, my ambition is to write books. Because of my huge portfolio (TechExams.net) I’ve had several offers to contribute to and author books. I’m currently contributing to an O’Reilly book (non-certification), which should be in stores this fall. After that I will be spending most of my time on writing my first complete study guide.

I especially want to thank the moderators and our frequent-posting members for dedicating so much of their time to help others in a friendly and respectful way. I’m proud of the contents of the site, but I am at least as proud that 99.9% of our members treat others with respect and help them out in a professional manner.

As some of you have experienced, the last couple of months we’re having some occasional problems with our server. That will soon be over as I’m in the process of moving the site to a new, faster, and safer server. It has an upgraded version of the forums and I’ve added several custom features, such as adding file attachments to posts (network diagrams, router configs, etc.) and I’m currently working on implementing a Favorite Topics option.

I also want to thank those who thanked me. The kind posts and e-mails I receive almost daily really make it worthwhile!

Last but not least, I want to thank our main sponsors/advertisers: TrainSignal, ExamForce, PrepLogic, and SmartCertify Direct and our primary link partner, www.mcmcse.com.

I hope you all stay with us for the next year and more! :D

Thanks!

Johan

Comments

• garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
    Thank You and The Best of Luck to you. I feel very lucky to be apart of such a great community, website and career path.
  • 2lazybutsmart2lazybutsmart Member Posts: 1,119
    icon_thumright.gif Keep of the good work Johan. This place is just becoming better and better as the days go by.

High spirits. Best Luck. To the moon (well I guess we've been to the moon icon_wink.gif . OK; to the STARS!)!

2lbs.
    Exquisite as a lily, illustrious as a full moon,
    Magnanimous as the ocean, persistent as time.
  • pmannpmann Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Johan,

Be sure to let us know the book titles!

If your book writing matches up to the high quality of your tech notes, they should be great! :D
  • viper75viper75 Member Posts: 726 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratz!!! icon_thumright.gif

This is indeed a great place and I am glad to be a member here. Keep up the good work Johan....CHEERS!!! icon_cheers.gificon_thumright.gif
    CCNP Security - DONE!
    CCNP R&S - In Progress...
    CCIE Security - Future...
  • RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations my friend.

I knew that when I wandered in here a few months after you started this place that it would turn out to be a very good study resource, and nothing I have seen since then goes against that icon_thumright.gif
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    Personally, I could never have two more valuable resources than TechExams.net, and Mcmcse.com. When I first started with IT, I got more support and help from these websites than people I actually knew. Over the times, I do what I can to help those who need it, because of how I've been treated in the past; with respect, dignity, and class. To me, those are true values in life. I'm glad to have helped, will continue to help in the future, and could never thank Johan and Jason(mcmcse), the Mods, and regular visitors enough. Congratulations on 2 years Johan and crew, here's to many more!!

thumb.gif
    pint.gifpint.gifpint.gifpint.gif
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congrats Johan! Things here just keep improving.

Best of luck as you continue.
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • AlienAlien Member Posts: 398
    Congratulation on the 2nd Anni and wish you all the best for the future. As green as i am, whenever i've visited these site i've always learnt something new. Where else could a novice find such an opportunity to listen, learn or seek help and motivation from such experienced professionals from all corners of the globe. I have nothing to offer but my highest gratitude for webmaster and your team of experts for sharing your knowledge and using your expertise to assist aspiring certificants.

With due regards

bowing.gif
    Hard times on planet earth.
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Thanks all! :D
    pmann wrote:
    Johan,

Be sure to let us know the book titles!
    The O'Reilly book is "Windows Media Hacks", the author is Joli Ballew. She wrote over a dozens books mainly about Windows XP, and she also wrote the text for Microsoft Press' self-paced training course MCDST Exam 70-272 - Supporting Users and Troubleshooting Desktop Applications on a Microsoft Windows XP Operating System.

The book contains about a 100 'hacks' related to pictures, video, sound in Windows XP. Some of the topics are up my alley so when I was asked to write some of those hacks I gladly accepted.

Check out http://hacks.oreilly.com for more information and free online sample hacks.
  • jspraguejsprague Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations Johan!!!

Its been great working with you and helping each other out over the years (Long before this site)!! Look forward to many years more..

Great job on the site!!!

All the best,
    Jason
  • RamsesKRamsesK Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
    CONGRATULATIONS Johan and all moderators and helper of this great site, for me personally this is the best place to look at first than anyother else, this site is just so powerful because of the structure implemented for johan that is professional and organized and really helpfull for too many people and also the members it has for support and help to everybody makes this site the number ONE for too many of us.

thanks and keep working with the help of all of us icon_wink.gif
    Formule One Racing Addict...
  • spike_tomahawkspike_tomahawk Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I lurk here at least once a day and it is the only place I go for cert info. I lurk because most of the questions I need help on have been asked before.

Thanks for a great site, and your right about the respect and help that all posters give each other, I salute you and everyone here.
  • mikiemovmikiemov Member Posts: 182
    I would personally like to pass on my congratulations and thanks to Johan and all other who have contributed to this site. I sat my first MCP exam in July 2004 and found this site around then. Since then it has been a most valuable resource while I completed my MCSE.

I have been a bit quiet since passing in March, mainly due to the fact I recently got married and am looking for a new home, however as Arnie said "I'll be back".

Mike
    A woman drove me to drink, and I didnt have the decency to thank her.
  • /usr/usr Member Posts: 1,768
    Congratulations. I've used this site as a study resource for the past year or so and it's proved invaluable. The Net+ technotes helped me out a great deal, as did the Security+ forum. Thanks a ton and keep up the good work. I'll be hitting the boards again soon when I begin my MCSA. Best of luck to you.
  • felix7felix7 Member Posts: 25 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Yup, congrats to a great site! I just noticed I've been around almost as long (but didn't post much). Keep up the good work!
  • learningITlearningIT Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! When I first found this page I just happened to find this page while looking for some A+ practice tests on google.com. Glad I found it! Thanks for the great resource, and thanks everyone for helping us n00bs who are entering the IT field! icon_lol.gif
    I want to learn to succeed.
  • mynameisboringmynameisboring Member Posts: 75 ■■□□□□□□□□
    this is my primary location when studying for certification and its been a great help. I don't think I would do as good as I have if it wasn;t for you Johan!
  • WilByteWilByte Member Posts: 57 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Greetings Johan & All, "Happy 2nd Anniversary" I'm a newbie who just happened to stumble upon this site through research and I tell you what, I feel like I just came across a hidden hideout, kinda like the "secret garden". Such a wonderful, resource! On my behalf, thankyou..............Cat
    "In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity"
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Thanks Cat, and welcome on board. :D