Network+ 2005 same as 2007 ?

nasunasu Member Posts: 62 ■■□□□□□□□□
I have seen this post all over the place and is still confusing. I have network experience , studied for CCNA but I fist want to go for Network+ . I would like to study before I go and I don't know what to study from 2005 objectives are the same as 2007 ..and would they change in 08.09 ?

Thanks

Comments

• nicklauscombsnicklauscombs Member Posts: 885
    I took the net+ 2007 recently after studying a few 2005 books and didn't notice any huge difference, the easiest way to tell is goto CompTIA's website and download the most current objectives and study off of those.
    WIP: IPS exam
  • mand0mand0 Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    When I go to sign up for the exam at Prometric's website I see N10-003 (2007 Edition) but on Comptia's website the exam objectives are the 2005 version.
  • supertechCETmasupertechCETma Member Posts: 377
    The exam number is N10-003. This is the exam that is based on the 2005 objectives. When they stick the (2007 edition) on the end it is only marketing. I can assure you that CompTIAs main concern to to remain "legally defensible" in regards to their exams. The exam doesn't change until the posted objectives change, simply as that. icon_cool.gif
    Electronic Technicians Association-International www.eta-i.org
    The Fiber Optic Association www.thefoa.org
    Home Acoustics Alliance® http://www.homeacoustics.net/
    Imaging Science Foundation http://www.imagingscience.com/
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    The exam number is N10-003. This is the exam that is based on the 2005 objectives. When they stick the (2007 edition) on the end it is only marketing. I can assure you that CompTIAs main concern to to remain "legally defensible" in regards to their exams. The exam doesn't change until the posted objectives change, simply as that. icon_cool.gif

Perfectly written! Thank you!!

And stated several times throughout the forum.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?