Options

Explanation of how keys issued.

Can someone please explain to me how public and private keys are issue using an enterprise CA? I'm lost on the concept. Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Signing = You use your private key to sign the data, and then you send your public key to the receiving party so they can use your public key for verification.
    Encryption = You use the receiving parties public key so they can decrypt it with their private key.

For issuing, when you generate a request, you create a private key and a CSR. When a CA manually approves, it generates some information you put into a .CER in which you fullfill your certificate request. The .CER basically contains your public key information that you import and bind to your private key when you created your initial request.

Does this help?
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • Options
    MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    They are issued through digital certificates.

Where are you lost on the issue? And what study material are you reading which is confusing?
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
  • Options
    Mmartin_47Mmartin_47 Member Posts: 430
    royal wrote:
    Signing = You use your private key to sign the data, and then you send your public key to the receiving party so they can use your public key for verification.
    Encryption = You use the receiving parties public key so they can decrypt it with their private key.

For issuing, when you generate a request, you create a private key and a CSR. When a CA manually approves, it generates some information you put into a .CER in which you fullfill your certificate request. The .CER basically contains your public key information that you import and bind to your private key when you created your initial request.

Does this help?

Yes it does, I was using CBT Nuggets but woops theres another part to it! :D