Options

Failed 70-293 Today

Hey all decided to take this exam today and failed with a 676. Not to Disappointing because I know what i need to work on. Which is GPO's and CA roles

If you are going to take this exam please know CA's in and out, RRAS, DNS, and WINS but I think i got maybe 3 on wins

2 sims and 45 questions

icon_sad.gif
On the road to MCITP......

Comments

• Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Ouch, it's always a smack to the ego to see a less-than-stellar score after you hit that "submit" button. You were pretty close, though, and it seems like you're pretty realistic about what your weak areas are, so I'm sure you'll knock it out of the park the next time you sit for it.

Good overview of what you came across, (without violating the NDA,) here's to hoping that the next post you make in this forum will have one of those "I PASSED!!!" headings.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Sorry Donald. I apologize for my previous post by the way. :)

I'm reading a bunch about CAs right now. Hopefully I can really study on that topic as I know it is hit hard on the test. Did you do any labs?
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
  • Options
    donald7862003donald7862003 Member Posts: 128
    No Prob Mishra

I did not do to many labs with this one just because I figured most of it was on 70-291 anyways. This was a wrong assumption just because I know if i had setup a CA I would have understood some of the roles better. I couldnt figure a way to do the NLB and Clustering so heavy reading and CBT Nuggets help me get an uderstanding of the principles. I need to go back to the book on the roles because I got alot of questions on that. Overall this test is not hard but it will test your common sense on the related issues. Do not over think this exam !!! There are not to many tricks
  • Options
    Tyrant1919Tyrant1919 Member Posts: 519 ■■■□□□□□□□
    NLB and Clustering is a bit harder to lab up but possible.

670~ is definately very close to passing. 2nd shot that thing and pass!
    A+/N+/S+/L+/Svr+
    MCSA:03/08/12/16 MCSE:03s/EA08/Core Infra
    CCNA
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    NLB isn't so bad, but Clustering's difficult because it requires shared storage. You can set up a single node though, and just being familiar with all the options should be sufficient to get through the exam.

You were definitely close. Better luck next time!
  • Options
    bwcartybwcarty Member Posts: 422 ■■■□□□□□□□
    What study materials did you use, and how long has it been since you took 70-291?

I'm just getting ready to dig into 70-293 and get onto a normal test schedule (I took 70-291 first)to finish out my MCSE.
    Help eradicate blood cancers with a donation to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.
  • Options
    donald7862003donald7862003 Member Posts: 128
    Its been about a month since i took 70-291 and i used cbt nuggets, testout the syngress book