Options

Hat Trick

dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
Although, I spaced it out over 12 days, unlike some people.

This same was ridiculously easy. Hopefully the following doesn't violate my NDA, but this is what the questions were like:

1. You are on fire next to a lake, what do you do?
a. Do nothing. Sometimes things like this happen.
b. Jump in the lake
c. Wait for a firetruck to drive by.
d. Plant and harvest wheat to make flour. Water does not work well against oil fires, and your hair is quite greasy, you dirty hippie.

2. Do you want to pass this exam?
a. No
b. No
c. Yes
d. No

etc.

861 overall. 56 questions in 35 minutes. That was going slow too. I read each question about three times because I kept thinking I was missing something because the answer was so obvious. This is one of those tests that would be difficult without any preparation, but as soon as you're slightly familiar with the material, it's a piece of cake.

I gave Transcender a shot before I started studying and scored 76%. Then I went through the MS Press book and retook the questions I got wrong on my first run through. I do use Vista on a daily basis, and I am obviously familiar with a lot of the concepts from 270, so I already had a decent body of knowledge before I started studying for this.

This exam would be more difficult for someone starting here though. Be sure to familiarize yourself with the menus and exact wording of all the options for everything. The most annoying material was keeping track of all the upgrade paths and feature variations between versions. This was definitely geared towards home use, not enterprise.

Oh well. I'm 1/3 of the way to MCITP: EA. 298 and 299 up next :D

Comments

• Options
    gojericho0gojericho0 Member Posts: 1,059 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good luck! Are you gonna book those back to back :D
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Cool deal, it's good to know that the Vista exam is easy enough to pass, (with a little bit of common sense). Congrats on the pass, and don't forget to update your profile.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    cacharocacharo Member Posts: 361
    Congrats. Don't forget the sig, unless you are embarrased. But look who is talking....

<---- i-Net+
    Treat people as if they were what they ought to be, and you help them become what they are capable of being.
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    gojericho0 wrote:
    Good luck! Are you gonna book those back to back :D

Yea, I currently have them both booked for the fourth. I have a two week vacation coming up, and I'm going to work on these over that. If you see some loser with his laptop on the beach, it'll probably be me. Actually, a lot of the material seems like review, so I don't think it's going to be too bad. I'll be back on the 2nd, so I'll have time to reschedule if I'm feeling shaky. I'm not going to ruin my vacation by trying to stick to that date.

Thanks for the profile update reminders. It's done ;)
    cacharo wrote:
    <---- i-Net+

That's a collector's item! I'm jealous icon_redface.gif
  • Options
    MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good job! I think I'm just dumb. If I did some transcender questions I would have probably done a lot better. >_< When I went with the answer I thought was the best it was just plain wrong so I dunno what beat me about the test. lol

Good job! You should get the MCTS certificate. They say it is a lot nicer.
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!