Options

Applying 3rd party credentials to MCSA 2003

mipoukmipouk Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi all,

First post on these forums and im not sure if this is in the correct topic - I am a bit confused over how Microsoft apply your 3rd party credentials once you have the requirements for the MCSA. I have clicked on "publish your credentials" on the CompTIA website a couple of times ( along with my MCP ID as requested) but heard nothing and get no indication of what Microsoft do next or indeed what i should do next! Also once i complete the exam requirements for the MCSA, do i then need to contact Microsoft and somehow prove i have the Comptia elective and the 3 MCPs that i will hold?

Just need some clarity on this. Cheers in advance,

Regards, Mike

Comments

• Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    You'll be able to see the credentials published on the Microsoft MCP site. If you haven't passed a Microsoft exam yet, you don't have access to that particular site. If you don't have MCP status yet, you may have to re-publish your CompTIA credentials to Microsoft in order for them to associate the records with a current MCP ID number. The MCP ID is what tracks the exams you take to you. You're assigned one when you pass your first test, and then they ask you to provide it with each test you take after that so they can keep track of your exam history.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    mipoukmipouk Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Nice one, just logged onto the Transcript section on the MCP members site and my Comptia electives are there. Didnt realise i could check my progress on the site.

Do you need to do anything special once you have everything in place for the MCSA or do Microsoft send you through something that confirms you have attained the MCSA status?

Thanks
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    It shows I'm an MCSA on the MCP member site, and they also sent an email to the address I have associated with my account. I guess they also send a certificate, but I haven't gotten mine yet.

Congratulations and welcome to the site :D
  • Options
    MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    dynamik wrote:
    It shows I'm an MCSA on the MCP member site, and they also sent an email to the address I have associated with my account. I guess they also send a certificate, but I haven't gotten mine yet.

Congratulations and welcome to the site :D

Did you register for your certificate to be sent to you yet?
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    No icon_rolleyes.gif

I'll look into it. Honestly though, I really don't care that much. I'd rather they send me a gift certificate for a free steak dinner or something. Now THAT would motivate me to obtain certs!
  • Options
    undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    Does me no good unless they let the vegetarians cash out the steak. So therefor -- no steak for you!!!
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • Options
    TechnowizTechnowiz Member Posts: 211
    Once you have met the requirements for MCSA it should show up on your transcript but they won't send you anything until you actually request the MCSA welcome kit online. Same thing with MCP.
  • Options
    snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    undomiel wrote:
    Does me no good unless they let the vegetarians cash out the steak. So therefor -- no steak for you!!!

man, you guys sure take the fun out of food!!! icon_lol.gif

oh, and im still waiting for mine, and i think im going on my 4th week now.
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security