Options

CONFUSED

blade123blade123 Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Greetings,

This is my first post on this forum, however I have been reading it for a while.
icon_redface.gif

I'm very confused with the date this exam (70-291) will be retired by MS. It's been a long time since I passed 270, 290 and 293. As I decide to take on the beast, I called MS yesterday to ask when will it be gone. The customer service agent mentioned that the test will be available until May 24, 2008 (1 week left). In the other hand I have been reading that many people on this forum are preparing and scheduling 291 for future dates. icon_confused.gificon_confused.gif

I would like to take this sucker down, but as us know that 1 week is certainly not sufficient time to accomplish it.

Any comment will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Blade

Comments

• Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    It's not scheduled to retire. Only a select # of Widnows 2000 exams.
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcpexams/status/examsretired.mspx

As you can see, 70-291 is not on that list.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • Options
    Yes, that is exactly what I noticed yesterday. uhhhhhh...why would that agent give me such of false information?
  • Options
    blade123 wrote:
    Yes, that is exactly what I noticed yesterday. uhhhhhh...why would that agent give me such of false information?

Because people make mistakes.
  • Options
    royal wrote:
    blade123 wrote:

Because people make mistakes.

Thanks God this was a mistake. And thank you ROYAL for your quick and direct response.

Any suggestions on how I should start tackling this monster. I understand it will be extremely tough for me since I’ve been off my studies since 2006.
  • Options
    1. MSPress
    2. CBTNuggets and/or Testout (or both)
    3. Vmware or Virtual PC/Server with Server 2003 software
    4. Transcender for practice exam
    5. technet.microsoft.com
  • Options
    Nice Line-up!! It sounds like a plan... with this clarification I feel GOD is giving me one more chance to get back on my studies....will definitely start today. Thanks a million again!! YOU'RE DA MAN!!![/img]