Nailed 70-299

hi guys ..... passed 70-299 today with a score of 957. Loads of IPSec & GPOs. I am a bit p**sed off with prometric icon_mad.gif coz i had to reschedule the exam twice coz there 'systems' were down the day i was supposed to appear for the test. Finally had to transfer the Exam Centre onto a differrent location which took them 3 hours to do by the way. Its been an absolute nightmare for the past two days.I dont have much to say .... CBT Nuggets : MS Press : Self Test were the resources used. Have 291 between me n the MCSA : 2k3 Security. For now ... 640-802 is on the Cards !

peace !
MCITP: EA 2008| VCP4| MCSE 2003 | CCNA | MCSA 2003: Security | MCDST | Security+ | ITILV3

Comments

• ROMGabeROMGabe Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!
    ----
    Studying CCENT/ICND1 (640-822)
    Future tests:
    in 2008: CCENT, SSCP, Linux+, A+,
    in 2009: CCNA/ICND2 (640-816), C|EH, CWNA, CWSP,
    in 2010: CCNP, CCSP.
  • peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on your passing!

~Peanut Head
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker
  • ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congrats
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    So you went from 290 to 299, and now you're off to the CCNA? What's your reasoning for such an erratic schedule? It really doesn't matter; I'm just curious.

Congratulations on the pass :D
  • ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    291 would be easier after the CCNA. He would get a really good understanding of TCP/IP, subnetting, Routing protocols and basic networking.
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    dynamik wrote:
    So you went from 290 to 299, and now you're off to the CCNA? What's your reasoning for such an erratic schedule? It really doesn't matter; I'm just curious.

At least he's not going for his CCIE and then his Network+. icon_eek.gif
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • Nishesh.PrasadNishesh.Prasad Member Posts: 185
    royal wrote:
    dynamik wrote:

At least he's not going for his CCIE and then his Network+. icon_eek.gif

thanks guys.

-- dynamik : i think ajs1976 answers your question. To add to it ... after 290 i took a break from MS exams so went on to complete Security+. Post sec+ .. since the concepts were fresh in Mind, i decided for 299. It might not be ideal .. but thats how i planned it.

-- royal : i wudnt mind Network+ after CCIE .. as long as i can acquire a CCIE.
    MCITP: EA 2008| VCP4| MCSE 2003 | CCNA | MCSA 2003: Security | MCDST | Security+ | ITILV3
  • KejanardKejanard Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats.. Awesome score. I think thats a very difficult exam. Failed it twice. Keep it UP!!!
    Kejanard
    www.kejanard.net

"All human actions have one or more of these seven causes: chance, nature, compulsion, habit, reason, passion, and desire." -Aristotle
  • leefdaddyleefdaddy Member Posts: 405
    Congrats, very nice score!
    Dustin Leefers
    thanks again guys.
  • sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Very nice Nishesh, good job! :D

I think you will find Vue and the CCNA a completely different experience from Prometric and MS. I've never had an issue with Vue testing, and Cisco exams don't try to trip you up with infromation overload. Best of luck to you.
    All things are possible, only believe.
    thanks sprky :)