Options

Passed this afternoon! (JUST)

Spacer_08Spacer_08 Member Posts: 39 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hey guys, passed with a 731 today first time icon_eek.gif very close indeed. Same type of score with 70-290 aswell. I seem to be cutting it very fine each time so Im beginning to wonder what I should do now.

My experience:

- Before embarking on MCSA/MCSE I havent touched AD or anything related to a business server environment.
- 2 year cisco academy course
- 5 years working with supporting home users

Im not sure if I should stop now, and go over my weak areas in 70-290 and 70-291 (although it's hard in some cases i.e RRAS) or concentrate on finishing the course and polishing up when Im in a job. Anyway, thanks very much to everyone whose helped me on this exam!

Some info for others taking this exam

* I found there was suprisingly quite a few questions on network/packet monitoring, so brush up on this, and which tools you should use in different scenarios.
* A healthy ammount of DNS/DHCP but the exam wasnt crawling with it
* Only 1 simulation, which was stupidly easy (I believe I can't go into details on it)
* Know your subnetting/vlsm back to front (probably goes without saying)
* A few questions on WSUS
* A few on RRAS and a few on IPSEC

Comments

• Options
    BeaverC32BeaverC32 Member Posts: 670 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! icon_thumright.gif
    MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003, LPIC-1, MCP, MCTS: Vista Config, MCTS: SQL Server 2005, CCNA, A+, Network+, Server+, Security+, Linux+, BSCS (Information Systems)
  • Options
    gojericho0gojericho0 Member Posts: 1,059 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!
  • Options
    SieSie Member Posts: 1,195
    Well done!

I personally would brush up on the other areas while its fresh in your mind however bear in mind the overlap on the 293 (if your taking it) as you dont ant to leave it too long and have to re-learn things from 291.

Best of luck!
    Foolproof systems don't take into account the ingenuity of fools
  • Options
    snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congrats!
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Congratulations on the pass, especially on knocking it out of the park on your first try!

As Sie mentioned, now is probably a good time to go straight into the 70-293 topics and really study. For most people, that exam isn't as tough as the one you just passed, and a lot of the topics overlap. With any luck, it'll help you cement some of the things you learned for 70-291, and maybe even help you pick up some of the things that may not have been clear.

Good luck, we'll be looking forward to seeing another "I PASSED!" heading over in the 70-293 forum before long.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    leefdaddyleefdaddy Member Posts: 405
    Congrats, I hope to have the same results when I take mine... I'll take a 700 :)
    Dustin Leefers
  • Options
    Spacer_08Spacer_08 Member Posts: 39 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks again all. Sie/Slowhand thanks for your input. I was set on doing the 70-270 to get the mcsa (y'know how it is ;P) but I think I'm going to do as you suggest now and just go straight into 293 as it's clearly the best option. Best of luck leefdaddy!