Options

RIM - certifications NEWS

ROMGabeROMGabe Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
Thought you might want to know:

RIM Launches New BlackBerry Certification Program

http://blackberrysync.com/2008/05/rim-launches-blackberry-certification-program/

How useful do you think this will be towards getting a job or an advancement in one's career ??

ROMGabe
----
Studying CCENT/ICND1 (640-822)
Future tests:
in 2008: CCENT, SSCP, Linux+, A+,
in 2009: CCNA/ICND2 (640-816), C|EH, CWNA, CWSP,
in 2010: CCNP, CCSP.

Comments

• Options
    snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    ROMGabe wrote:
    Thought you might want to know:

RIM Launches New BlackBerry Certification Program

http://blackberrysync.com/2008/05/rim-launches-blackberry-certification-program/

How useful do you think this will be towards getting a job or an advancement in one's career ??

ROMGabe

very interesting. Im also curious how much weight these will hold. I might check it out to learn something new.
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • Options
    Tyrant1919Tyrant1919 Member Posts: 519 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Very cool...
    A+/N+/S+/L+/Svr+
    MCSA:03/08/12/16 MCSE:03s/EA08/Core Infra
    CCNA
  • Options
    leefdaddyleefdaddy Member Posts: 405
    Cool... although I wouldn't count on this as being.... very important.
    Dustin Leefers
  • Options
    GT-RobGT-Rob Member Posts: 1,090
    unless you live in waterloo I wouldn't bother.
  • Options
    astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I was loosely involved in the development of the BlackBerry Certified System Administrator cert so I'm familiar with what's being covered on the exam. With that said in a large enterprise with a dedicated messaging team with a significant Blackberry deployment (I currently consult for a global company with ~2000 blackberry devices), I would be tempted to hire someone with the cert over someone else with equally strong Exchange skills but missing the BES experience/cert. Would the cert alone encourage me to hire that person over someone with more experience - not a chance, same as any cert - but for two people with equal experience I'd be inclined to hire the BCSA. In smaller shops I don't see it being very relevant.
  • Options
    sir_creamy_sir_creamy_ Inactive Imported Users Posts: 298
    GT-Rob wrote:
    unless you live in waterloo I wouldn't bother.

LOL! I agree 100%.
    Bachelor of Computer Science

[Forum moderators are my friends]
  • Options
    KasorKasor Member Posts: 933 ■■■■□□□□□□
    We know, but they don't have the game plan yet. Just something post on their website, but there is not specific training materails or study guides...
    Kill All Suffer T "o" ReBorn
  • Options
    astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I don't see it linked from the homepage or anything but here is everything you ever wanted to know about the certification programs and training options:

http://www.blackberry.net/go/certification/

I had this link in an email from last year when they were developing the exams and wanted input developing questions.
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Oh, I don't know. Most of my customers would rather have trouble breathing or have their heart stop than be without their Blackberry. In the "non-IT" business world, Blackberry devices are people's bread and butter. Our helpdesk crew agrees with me that customers give less grief when an Exchange server goes down than when a BES box crashes. (Don't look at me, I've got a RAZR; those crazy people make no sense as it is.) If HR managers get wind of a Blackberry cert, you'll start seeing it in high demand among larger companies that have in-house IT staff. Think banks, mortgage firms, law firms, etc.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.