Cannot connect deleted mailbox to a live user account

indyguyindyguy Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
Guys,

i have a issue when connecting deleted mailboxes to a live user account, when i try to choose a user its says object not found did a search on the enitre domain and it only lists the builtin users and mailenabled users but doesnt show any mailbox enabled users.

all help appreciated.

Cheers
Ivan

Comments

• ClaymooreClaymoore Member Posts: 1,637
    That's because those users already have a mailbox and you cannot re-attach a different mailbox to them. If you need to re-attach a user to a deleted mailbox, you must create a new, non-mailbox enabled user and then attach the mailbox.

I accidentally deleted a user account once during an audit because the user got married and changed her name. Accounting was using her new name, HR never sent us a name change ticket and even her manager said that user no longer worked for the company. I didn't know much about Exchange at the time, but I figured out how to reattach a mailbox in a hurry.
  • snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Claymoore wrote:
    That's because those users already have a mailbox and you cannot re-attach a different mailbox to them. If you need to re-attach a user to a deleted mailbox, you must create a new, non-mailbox enabled user and then attach the mailbox.

I accidentally deleted a user account once during an audit because the user got married and changed her name. Accounting was using her new name, HR never sent us a name change ticket and even her manager said that user no longer worked for the company. I didn't know much about Exchange at the time, but I figured out how to reattach a mailbox in a hurry.

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif sounds all too familiar...
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • indyguyindyguy Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Claymoore wrote:

Ahh man ... that was simple, i just couldnt think of it... !!! thanks for helping out claymoore.

Cheers