Cleared BCMSN

ccie_in_the_makingccie_in_the_making Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
I passed BCMSN today :D. I used cbt nuggets (Jeremy is really good) and cisco press self study guide with a month of preparation.

3 Down 1 to go!!!!

Comments

• networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Congrats! Good luck on the next exam. I found BCMSN harder than BCSI, but it all depends on your background I guess.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
  • CGN_SpecCGN_Spec Member Posts: 96 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Nice!!!

I will be taking the BCMSN in the next month and I hope to follow your lead. Out of the three remaining test which one do you plan to take next?
  • ccie_in_the_makingccie_in_the_making Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I only have ONT left. I did ISCW then BSCI then BCMSN...weird pattern huh. I did the security one first because I am apart of the security team at the company I work for, i guess i wanted to see how much I knew :)
  • nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    congrats man
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • Paul BozPaul Boz Member Posts: 2,620 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congratulations! I agree that the Jeremy videos are incredible. They were 80% of my preparation and worked wonderfully. As long as you take good notes they're a great source of information.

Do you have a timeframe for the ONT?
    CCNP | CCIP | CCDP | CCNA, CCDA
    CCNA Security | GSEC |GCFW | GCIH | GCIA
    pbosworth@gmail.com
    http://twitter.com/paul_bosworth
    Blog: http://www.infosiege.net/
  • jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Paul Boz wrote:
    Congratulations! I agree that the Jeremy videos are incredible. They were 80% of my preparation and worked wonderfully. As long as you take good notes they're a great source of information.

Jeremy is excellent!! He keeps you focused, but manages to keep you relaxed with little jokes and side comments.
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I passed BCMSN today :D. I used CBT Nuggets (Jeremy is really good) and cisco press self study guide with a month of preparation.

3 Down 1 to go!!!!

Congrats man! What test was the most difficult to you so far? What was the topic on the BCMSN that took you the longest to learn?
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif

Good Luck on the last one for the CCNP! icon_cool.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • ccie_in_the_makingccie_in_the_making Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I passed BCMSN today :D. I used <a href=http://www.cbtnuggets.com/techexams target=”_blank”>CBT Nuggets</a> (Jeremy is really good) and cisco press self study guide with a month of preparation.

3 Down 1 to go!!!!

Congrats man! What test was the most difficult to you so far? What was the topic on the BCMSN that took you the longest to learn?

Thanks guys!!!

This to me was the most challenging so far. It was hard having to understand all the wireless with the LWAPP and VOIP with all those trust boundaries but after a while it clicked.

Although my score was not as good as the BSCI (which was 100%), this exam was by far the most fun, the sims and the simlets were great (as in easy) although one was time consuming and they did all they could to trick you but once you know what your doing its a lot of fun, I wish I could do it again just for that one simlet icon_lol.gif

Jeremy rocks......I work for a Cisco partner so I am being pressured to finish quickly but I'm not gonna rush, they keep telling me im always over prepared so they want me to be over prepared by next friday (so not going to happen). We got our Advanced Security cert so now they want the Advanced Routing and Switching cert. I am so not looking forward to learning WASS.

Most people say ONT is the easiest of them all so I will gauge it but im aiming for end of next month, already been through a few videos with Jeremy and read the corresponding chapters so im on my way.