Options

CCNA self-study kit

kn7dmkn7dm Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Can anyone suggest what is the best CCNA self-study kit that includes book and simulator software?

Comments

• Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    CCNA exam certification guides by Odom are the best books in my opinion. I'm not a big fan of sims, but Dynamips is great for router sims.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    CCNA exam certification guides by Odom are the best books in my opinion. I'm not a big fan of sims, but Dynamips is great for router sims.

+1, but if you can afford it get some proper lab equipment instead of the simulators, im studying ccna at the moment and my home lab has help just as much as the books, to learn the material, as well as given you some exposure to cisco equipment icon_cool.gif
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • Options
    peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    7255carl wrote:
    +1, but if you can afford it get some proper lab equipment instead of the simulators, im studying ccna at the moment and my home lab has help just as much as the books, to learn the material, as well as given you some exposure to cisco equipment icon_cool.gif

+1, I'm in the same boat as 7255carl. Without my equipment, I don't think the material would stick to me as well. Plus I've been swapping out Network Modules, WICs and shuffling cables. All these physical tasks you just won't get with the sims. As posted a plethora of times on this forum, if you could afford a couple of cheap 2500/2600 routers and a couple of 2950 switches, you should be set to practice for your CCNA. Hope this helps.

~Peanut Head
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker