Passed CCNA.

CaptainCharismaCaptainCharisma Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
Finally after my third try I passed the CCNA.

The first time I took the CCNA was in January and scored a 683, took it a second time at the end of April and scored an 801, and finally took it again Monday and passed with an 894.

On my first two tries, I really messed up the simulators I got, however on this third try I completed the ones I got, and they looked fine to me, I'm pretty sure I got them right this time.

What I used to pass the CCNA was, a CCNA bootcamp that I attended through Boson, my Boson Exsim questions, Boson Netsim simulators, and Cisco Press CCNA books.

I attended the bootcamp for a few reasons, one was to obviously help me obtain my CCNA. However the main reason I attended the bootcamp was because I felt that the associates degree in computer networking that I had earned in college came too easily. The college told me that they would teach me so many things, but failed to deliver on most everything, so I feel that I didn't have to work hard enough to earn my degree. The bootcamp was to help try and fill in gaps in my education.

After taking my first test for CCNA, I've realized I probably should have started with another certification first because of how grueling an entry level certification this was, but I was determined that it was best to continue until I got it since I had already started it.

I've decided that my next certification that I go for will be the Security+, followed by the MCSA/MSCE. It will be a while before I go for my CCNP, but I do plan to do it, and I will be getting some equipment to practice my CCNA knowledge on in the meantime and also have in preparation for CCNP studies.

Comments

• 7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats on the pass icon_cool.gif
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • coffeekingcoffeeking Member Posts: 305 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats....cheers for you mate....I am working on it myself....in no hurries, taking my sweet time to get it done....few months down the road I plan to get it....wish me luck.
  • peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats to you Captain Charisma!

~Peanut Head
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker
  • gojericho0gojericho0 Member Posts: 1,059 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • jscimeca715jscimeca715 Member Posts: 280
    Congrats man, I've had a similar experience with the school I got my degree from. I never considered certs until after I graduated and realized that I was better at teaching myself than they ever were. Good luck on your future endeavors.
  • itdaddyitdaddy Member Posts: 2,089 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I am finsihing my BS in CS and well i am learning some things. I really like languages
    and I have heard those good at programming do well in Cisco. Hope so hee hee
    but yeah my 2 year degree in networking was a breeze. i already knew a lot.
    well I was in my early 30s when i finish that. but now am 41 and have 1.2 years left to finish
    my 4 year in CS. and then finish my ccna this 7 aug 08 and maybe mcse 2k3 after
    just because i woudl like mcse for the knowledge? not sure if i should concentrate on ccnp an dthen ccie up in the air. i guess i will know when i get there. :D
  • jscimeca715jscimeca715 Member Posts: 280
    CoffeeKing, I'm also taking my time. I've passed the A+ and Network+ but the wealth of info in CCNA is incredibly intimidating.
  • EmpathyEmpathy Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
    congrats, Captain C!
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif

Don't take too much time off celebrating drunken_smilie.gif before you get back to the books icon_study.gif for the Security+ -- Good Luck icon_cool.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    COngrats man, I bet it felt good when you seen the screen with congratulations on it!

CoffeeKing, I'm also taking my time. I've passed the A+ and Network+ but the wealth of info in CCNA is incredibly intimidating.

I also feel there is alot of info on the ccna and i havent worked with it much so thats why im going the 2 exam route, yes it costs more money but i feel it will be a better investment in the understanding of the theory because i will have to make sure i know each section inside out and i think whilst i am doing me degree PT its more manageable that way!
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • marco71marco71 Member Posts: 152 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • kevin31kevin31 Member Posts: 154
    Congratulations!

Any tips for us still trying???
    LAB - 4 X 2651XM's 1 X 2620 3 X 2950 1 X 2509 AS 1 X 3550
  • Nishesh.PrasadNishesh.Prasad Member Posts: 185
    nice job ! well done .... :)
    MCITP: EA 2008| VCP4| MCSE 2003 | CCNA | MCSA 2003: Security | MCDST | Security+ | ITILV3
  • tigerplugtigerplug Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Your bound to have a better understanding of it too after three attempts.

Congrats!
  • CrunchyhippoCrunchyhippo Member Posts: 389
    Congratulations! Good luck on your next certs.
    "Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons." - Popular Mechanics, 1949
  • darkuserdarkuser Member Posts: 620 ■■■□□□□□□□
    sweet ....
    rm -rf /
  • CaptainCharismaCaptainCharisma Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks guys, and good luck to those studying for the CCNA.
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Congrats on the pass, (persistence pays off). Good luck on your Security+ studies.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • ITdudeITdude Member Posts: 1,181 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats and great determination!! icon_wink.gif
    I usually hang out on 224.0.0.10 (FF02::A) and 224.0.0.5 (FF02::5) when I'm in a non-proprietary mood.

Good job!

Don't get down at all on yourself. CCNA is a hard exam, especially for someone just starting in networking.

Security+ is a good way to go from here. Consider snagging Linux+ and MCP 70-270 first. Both will be great additions to your resume. Security+ really builds on some Linux/Windows/Cisco concepts.
    -Daniel
  • Paul BozPaul Boz Member Posts: 2,620 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Great job. Make sure that you stay on top of your CCNA knowledge because the CCNP is an uphill climb. They say 3rd time's the charm :)
    CCNP | CCIP | CCDP | CCNA, CCDA
    CCNA Security | GSEC |GCFW | GCIH | GCIA
    pbosworth@gmail.com
    http://twitter.com/paul_bosworth
    Blog: http://www.infosiege.net/
  • kadshahkadshah Member Posts: 388 ■■■□□□□□□□