Congratulations!
  • redbull2689redbull2689 Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    whats the youngest age to have passed?
    Custom Builder
    Computer Reseller
    Texas Light and Sound
  • Ten9t6Ten9t6 Member Posts: 691

Congrats.... and to answer your question..on my first search here is what I found:

http://internal.vusd.solanocoe.k12.ca.us/Buck/pc_tech/news_2.htm
    Kenny

A+, Network+, Linux+, Security+, MCSE+I, MCSE:Security, MCDBA, CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, CCVP, CCIE Written (R/S, Voice),INFOSEC, JNCIA (M and FWV), JNCIS (M and FWV), ENA, C|EH, ACA, ACS, ACE, CTP, CISSP, SSCP, MCIWD, CIWSA
    I tie I guess.....although I'm going into 9th
    Custom Builder
    Computer Reseller
    Texas Light and Sound
    Ten9t6 wrote:

Congrats.... and to answer your question..on my first search here is what I found:

http://internal.vusd.solanocoe.k12.ca.us/Buck/pc_tech/news_2.htm

Here is one even better:
    At an age when most people are up to only pranks, Priyanshu has his eyes trained on Silicon Valley. At 11 years of age, he is probably the youngest Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) in the world. Within a month of having done so, he crossed another milestone by becoming a Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) on the July 27th, 2000.

http://learning.indiatimes.com/school/pages/trendsetters/achiever/whizpriya.htm
    Kenny

A+, Network+, Linux+, Security+, MCSE+I, MCSE:Security, MCDBA, CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, CCVP, CCIE Written (R/S, Voice),INFOSEC, JNCIA (M and FWV), JNCIS (M and FWV), ENA, C|EH, ACA, ACS, ACE, CTP, CISSP, SSCP, MCIWD, CIWSA
  • Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    Personally, I'm am against kids picking up certs. I have nothing against education, but when all these kids get certs, where do the adults go for work? There should either be an age requirement, or an experience requirement. I refuse to believe high school students need certifications. Get enough certs, skip college....makes for a very intelligent future. That 11 year old MCSE, probably used braindumps written down around his village path in India. I'd like to think these kids are studying, and doing the work, and everything else, but......it's almost like a paper tech factory. Lots of certs, no experience, and being a kid gets them a job. IT is a very unbalanced field right now unfortunatly.

Either way, congrats on the pass, good luck in the future.
    i remain, he who remains to be....
    I can not speak for the 11 year old, but I know where the 14 year old was trained....and he wasn't using **** sheets...He was taught by a quad CCIE. I am quite certain that the instructor could train a dog to configure a router better than a lot of engineers out there. icon_wink.gif

I don't mind the fact that High School students are learning and taking certifications. In high school, I couldn't keep focused on anything but football....haha..look how far that got me...If they have enough self control and motivation to study and practice during that crazy time in life then more power to them....I just look at it like this....Yes..they are getting a head start over me.....so, if I don't want to lose my job to a teenager...then I need to stay ahead of the game...survival of the fittest. practice....study...practice...study... :D
    Kenny

• Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    Ten9t6 wrote:
    so, if I don't want to lose my job to a teenager...then I need to stay ahead of the game...survival of the fittest. practice....study...practice...study... :D

Unfortunatly, if you're trying a late entry into IT, this is what you see and get. No jobs....but give up I won't. I do study, and practice when I can. Someday......I'll get in. Maybe I wouldn't be so bitter if I had the oppurtunity to take these classes in HS. I suppose it's a positive move, as opposed to gangs and drugs.
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • bwolfebwolfe Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Ricka182 wrote:
    I have nothing against education, but when all these kids get certs, where do the adults go for work?

Don't confuse certifications for education. Yes many people educate themselves in the process of obtaining certs.... but it is not a given. The best bet is to have a few certs and a degree or diploma.
    I chose the A+ to start off with, because it was the entry-level cert and because I have been doing work on PC's for about 3 years now, I have an understanding, a big understanding compared to some of the tech support people out there.

Does anyone know how to get HS Credits for A+ and N+. because I am wondering how to add it to my record
    Custom Builder
    Computer Reseller
    Texas Light and Sound
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Congratulations Redbull!

Don't worry about the 'more-aged' folks, when you're their age, you won't like kids getting certs either. icon_wink.gif

Actually I think CompTIA certs are at such a level that they may be very suitable for the younger techies... but 8th grade? Ah well, hook them while their young! :)
    Well I am going into 9th **, which is why I would like to find out how to revice my high school credit, because I know one HS in town does a whole year on A+ OS + Core, which gets them i believe 1 credit, which would help me out, but I do not know who to contact

any help?
    Custom Builder
    Computer Reseller
    Texas Light and Sound
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    I think you should be able to get that information from that HS in your town by giving them a call.